Sighting in Rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sighting in Rifle?

I recently changed stocks on my Weatherby Vanguard 7 Rem Mag. Do I need to re-sight this in, or am I good to go. I have a rifle hunt coming up and I would like to use this rifle. If it matters, they are both weatherby stocks. Thanks

I would.

Comment

I would shoot to verify.

Comment

Without a doubt. ReZero

Comment

Absolutely shoot to verify. Two things I can think of off the top of my head, recoil makes the action move different in the new stock and the torque on the action screws being different than what was on the old stock. There’s other variables but I’ll just use those 2 as examples.

Comment

OK. Looks like I need to check & zero if needed. Thanks

Comment

Better safe than sorry. It won't take long to be sure and confident.

Comment

In a perfect world, no. But as diamond10x points out there's lots of variables that can shift the point of impact.

Comment

Originally posted by onetondodge View Post
                  I would shoot to verify.
                  Fo sure...

Comment

Yes that rifle will be off.

Comment

100%. Temperature, altitude, humidity, ammo, and any rifle change I would.

Comment

Definitely

Comment

I think if the guy in this video didn't then you don't have to either. The part is 3:00 in.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RCZVnxNv40&list=PLMP5fKo_Z7QP9fvRhGbXnPqg XQkIVWFLF"]Chuck Norris Intro Sequence | Lone Wolf McQuade (1983) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

If you change anything on your rifle you should be checking the zero before you hunt with it. Especially stocks or scopes.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

With a stock with a pressure point on the barrel you need to confirm zero every time the rifle comes in/out of the stock.

If the barrel is free floated there is a better chance that it holds zero but should still be confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                              X