How has TBH impacted your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How has TBH impacted your life?

I have been thinking recently of how great a place TBH is... In just a few short years, I have seen a guy find his boat thanks to the help of TBH, seen a weight loss competition where multiple people have been successful... Among other things. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

For me, I have seen the kindness and generosity of strangers to one another. During some self reflection, I realized that I am a blessed man and I need to be sharing my blessings. I would not say that I was ever selfish, but the act of giving was something I was not an active participant in.

I feel I can genuinely give credit to TBH and its patrons for showing me a different way of living life, at least in the sense of giving to others. I have donated financially to a few causes that I wouldn't have done before, I tipped all the employees at the barbershop the last time I got my hair cut back in March when the economy was taking its toll, I am making some toys for the neighbors 2 year old kid...it just has kinda snowballed. Thank you TBH for being a great place. You all have changed me for the better.

So, how has TBH impacted you?

When I first got here I came in here gun's ablazeing. Then I started to realize that this is a great place. Well that sucks [emoji23]. But I would have to say catching up with alot of my old friends, that I didn't know was on here. And meeting new people that I talk to on a regular basis.Oh and praying more.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive met some good folks on here.

Comment

When I stumbled on tbh back in 2014 I didn't know what I was about to get myself into lol. I would log on here and there and read a thread or two! One morning I logged in and there was thread posted where a fella was selling a gun to make some money for a hospital stay with his young son who had a heart condition. The out pouring of generosity I seen from tbh was overwhelming! That young man still inspires many of us today and I love to read threads posted about him and his young hunting and fishing success! I knew from that moment this was a special place and it truly is. I have learned so much on here in the 6 years I have been on. Especially just how to be a better person in general and realize that there are still some great people in the world. I have met alot of great people on here and several that I consider good friends! Tbh is a wonderful group of people

Comment

When I first came, I was taken aback by how openly men share in their faith. I've believe In God, and was saved as a young man, but never felt comfortable sharing my faith with others. TBH is full of great men and women that have helped me see that there is nothing wrong with that.

Just as you pointed out, the generosity here is amazing and infectious. I've been on the receiving end of some that is truly unbelievable, leading me to pay it forward more often.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

I watched a kid catch a hog with a box and a string. That was fun.

Comment

Well to start with I have probably wasted a lot more time than I would have if I had not found it

I have met a lot of great people and made new friends.

I get to follow some hunts that I could never afford and get the feeling I am getting a the recap from a friend.

I trust some on here enough to send them a check for $10k and then have them meet somebody else to have them haul whatever I bought from the 1st one all the way (or even one leg of the trip) back across the state to me
              I have NEVER seen that type of stuff on any other forum

Comment

Got here in 03 and met a lot of good folk!! Made many great friends who I enjoy talking and hunting with. Been on some leases with several TBH'ers and probably more in the future.

Prayed, cried, laughed and tossed back a cold drink or two before. And hope to continue doing it in the future!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                  I watched a kid catch a hog with a box and a string. That was fun.
                  This ^^^ LOL

Comment

Spent some good times with quality people from this site. Been able to have hunted/fished/artifact hunt places in Texas that I would not have been able to without invites. Bought(when times were good) and sold on the classifieds during some rough times with nothing but excellent transactions and usually some sort of help in the form of TBH express. Some of the threads have changed the way I do things. It’s healing to be able to talk about the pain when you lose your grandpa, dog, wife, and whatever life throws at us. Everyone has maybe not the same problems but a close enough version to relate and help push through the tough times. Lastly, the faith in God that some project onto this website is amazing and it gives me an example of the husband, friend, professional, and Christian I want to be and how far I am from there.
                    Last edited by stickman; 07-02-2020, 06:22 AM.

Comment

OP the sense of community and family around here is unbelievable. It’s unheard of that I could post a real need in an Internet forum and have people jump at the chance to help give back.

Comment

Made me question my choice of friends sometimes. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's made me feel totally inadequate in nearly every possible way. Sometimes that's a good thing, and other times not so much.

I will say this, TBH will help keep you humble.

Comment

The generosity of the people on here is incredible. The people are willing an eager to help a fellow Texan/hunter/neighbor/etc. No matter what the need is (money, time, prayer, TBH Express, job search) people show up to help.

Comment

I met Snowflake Killa off of here, my life will never be the same!

Comment

Working...
                              X