Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one “prepper” item you will go buy soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Everything. They lower prices to $1 over cost for the sale.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
    Good to know. Shoot me a pm if u hear a date

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Good to know. Shoot me a pm if u hear a date
      Will do. I just looked it up and they canceled the one in the fall. Hopefully they bring it back. I know I would drop 250-500 on their sales and was planning on doing the same this time.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

If there is a Total Wine near check their prices. They are like a Twin Liquors sale everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
          My wife I are pretty hard core self reliant preppers. With that being said we one thing that we have not made a lot of provisions for is an emergency water supply. I keep 7 of the square blue jugs full (35 gallons) and I keep it fairly fresh. It would be easy to capture rainwater off our metal roof, but we have not done that as of yet.

We have over a 1/2 mile of the North Fabuis River that flows through our farm. We are on the headwaters of the North Fabuis. It flows down thru Missouri all the way to the Mississippi.

My neighbor has lived here for 50 years and he said he had never seen it stop flowing. It is not the prettiest, cleanest water, but with a good filter it would work for an emergency supply. I have a 2" electric submersible pump that I can run off a generator or a 5 gallon bucket would work in a pinch.

So... my item is a Big Berkey water filter.

The Big Berkey water filtration system is a top-selling and compact filtration system ideal for home. Backed by a lifetime warranty and free shipping.

Also. If you are into prepping watch this video. M.D. Creedmore has a sensible approach to being prepared. His approach matches ours and 4 of our neighbors philosophy on prepping that are farmers, cattle ranchers, a retired fireman, and us.

These 10 Types of Preppers Will Die First When SHTF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So are you a number eight? Or are you inviting us all up there and we can join a TBH brotherhood and bug out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Generator with interlock system
            Kettle for French press coffee
            Propane and propane accessories
            Solid sleeping bags for the family
            A few lanterns and plenty of 1lb propane bottles. I grabbed a pair early last week, but shelves were empty by Friday
            You can get an adapter that allows you to refill the 1# bottles from a 20# bottle too. Only get them about 2/3rds full, but you can keep on refilling them.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
              So are you a number eight? Or are you inviting us all up there and we can join a TBH brotherhood and bug out?

Man that was a hard video to watch.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Firewood, a better hatchet, a generator and some water totes.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  More gummies

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                  I like the way you think!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post

No Sir.

The last thing I would ever want to do is to cause someone any kind of bodily harm.

The goal of our group.... because we are stronger as a group....is to be prepared with shelter, food, water, fuel, auxiliary emergency power, medical supplies, and physical and mental support for each other and anyone else in our area that needs help during.....a tornado, a "Derecho" like the one that devastated central Iowa on August 10, 2020, a winter storm like the one that occured in Texas last week, or a civil unrest event like the ones that have occurred across the nation over the last 6 months.

With that being our group (4 neighbors and us) are well armed, but using our weapons for any reason would be a very last resort just like any other law abiding citizen.

The definition of prepping:

Prepping or survivalism is a social movement of individuals or groups who actively prepare for emergencies, including possible disruptions in social or political order, on a local or national scale.

And yes.... you are welcome here anytime. [emoji106]

Comment

I started prepping about 9 yrs ago.
                      We had an ice storm.. some were without power for 10+ days.
                      Im a licensed electrical contractor, but also very capable with plumbing, appliance repairs, operating skid steers, track hoes, trenchers, tractors, combines, etc.
                      I started seriously prepping 18mo ago
                      This includes vacuum sealing, dehydrating, buckets, canned goods, medical, etc.
                      I now have over 800 cans, soups, veggies, etc.
                      I follow,..
                      Alaska Prepper
                      Bear Independent
                      Ice Age Farmer
                      TJ preps
                      Viking Preparedness
                      The Atlantis Report
                      Worl News Report Today
                      Guns and Gadgets
                      Kotaboy32

I have numerous water sources, im planting 800 potatoes, sweet corn, tomatoes,, etc, beef is already scheduled for slaughter.. 4 of us butchered 5 hogs our selves last May.. i have a grinder, seasonings,.. etc.
                      Plans for this summer is a wood burning cook stove and i need to spray foam my shop and the main floor of my house.. i already purchased 500ft of 6ft privacy fence, and working on security cameras.
                      Electrically speaking, i have unknown mass quantities of parts..
                      Cheap is over. 12-2 romex has doubled in price in 2months.. its now $424 per 1000ft.
                      Steel conduits are way up.. pvc conduit and ftgs all but disappeared.. they seem to be back somewhat.. but much higher$$... square d breakers are still hard to get.
                      Ive bought replacement parts for my truck, starter, brake pads, ujoints, lots of oil, filters..

As we creep closer to a "national cryptocurrency"
                      The fed will control all of our money, they are looking serious, or seriously looking at a "Federal Digital Dollar"
                      Last edited by Zmaxhunter; 02-23-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I haven’t seen anyone prepping for their pets. Are they on their own. LOL!

Comment

1)110 converter in my truck.
                          2)percolator
                          3)gloves that are actually warm(instead of little leather work gloves)
                          4)candles

I was actually proud of myself for getting $1000 cash in small bills.Small bottles of propane,for the Blackstone.Filled up with Diesel,and a can of fuel additive.We were real lucky.Lost power about 3 hours,and that was the only disruption.

Now,what I think everyone should have? A 4wd truck,or Suv.I saw folks hi centered on snow.Dug one of them out myself.My old man told me years ago.Always have a four wheel drive truck..You may not ever need it,but if you need it,it's there..I probably use mine on slick *** boat ramps,more than anything,but I was in 4h for 4 days last week.

Comment

Nope

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Brought em in the house...What more prep do they need?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              They may become dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                                I started prepping about 9 yrs ago.
                                We had an ice storm.. some were without power for 10+ days.
                                Im a licensed electrical contractor, but also very capable with plumbing, appliance repairs, operating skid steers, track hoes, trenchers, tractors, combines, etc.
                                I started seriously prepping 18mo ago
                                This includes vacuum sealing, dehydrating, buckets, canned goods, medical, etc.
                                I now have over 800 cans, soups, veggies, etc.
                                I follow,..
                                Alaska Prepper
                                Bear Independent
                                Ice Age Farmer
                                TJ preps
                                Viking Preparedness
                                The Atlantis Report
                                Worl News Report Today
                                Guns and Gadgets
                                Kotaboy32

I have numerous water sources, im planting 800 potatoes, sweet corn, tomatoes,, etc, beef is already scheduled for slaughter.. 4 of us butchered 5 hogs our selves last May.. i have a grinder, seasonings,.. etc.
                                Plans for this summer is a wood burning cook stove and i need to spray foam my shop and the main floor of my house.. i already purchased 500ft of 6ft privacy fence, and working on security cameras.
                                Electrically speaking, i have unknown mass quantities of parts..
                                Cheap is over. 12-2 romex has doubled in price in 2months.. its now $424 per 1000ft.
                                Steel conduits are way up.. pvc conduit and ftgs all but disappeared.. they seem to be back somewhat.. but much higher$$... square d breakers are still hard to get.
                                Ive bought replacement parts for my truck, starter, brake pads, ujoints, lots of oil, filters..

As we creep closer to a "national cryptocurrency"
                                The fed will control all of our money, they are looking serious, or seriously looking at a "Federal Digital Dollar"
                                That is awesome !!!

There are roughly 3.7 million of us serious preppers in the U.S.

That leaves about 325 million people in the U S. that are living day to day with no real plan. I am sure some have some kind of plan or want to have a plan, but few actually act on it.

Our neighbor group of 4 families up here owns a total of approximately 5000-6000 acres, 600 -700 head of cattle, 1250 finished hogs (they own a hog house), 2000 acres of field corn, 1000 acres of soy beans, 200 acres of milo, an apple orchard for canning apples and making cider. Two neighbors have large chicken houses for eggs and meat if needed.

My wife and I have the smallest property by far at 63 acres. We will contribute with our garden.

This spring we are tapping maple and black walnut trees on our ground and are going to make maple and black walnut syrup. We also are the only deer hunters of the four families so we provide venison. [emoji106]. Everytime I offer to kill them a deer they say kill all you want. Thanks but we have beef. [emoji1]

Check out M.D. Creedmore channel. I am going to check out the ones that you mentioned above.

Last edited by Arrowsmith; 02-24-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X