Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are axis handling the cold in uvalde/Brackettville area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, sounds like it was a wide range of results.

Comment

Just saw a trailer load of mostly black buck, some fallow and axis deer killed during the weather event on a ranch south of San Antonio. Didn’t mention ranch name but it was quite a bit of deer. Saw it in KIIITV in Corpus.

Comment

I lost 6 axis ad 1 blackbuck

Comment

I have a lease near Bracketville. I’ve lost one young Axis buck so far. They had plenty of protein, corn, and Alfalfa to sustain them. Still had 6” of snow on the ground this morning. This should be the last night where the temps will be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bet they were loving that feed. We haven’t set anything up yet. Hoping to get down there soon but from what I have heard none have been seen dead there yet but don’t think they got out and looked much.

Comment

Axis

This is supposedly from somewhere around Brady. 80 and still counting
              Attached Files

Comment

Same place
                Attached Files

Comment

They did fine at our place close to rocksprings. If I had done more driving around, I’m sure I could have found a few more dead, but only saw one small one close to camp that had expired. Super muddy with all of the snow melt and no power on our camp as oak limbs came down and on the lines and screwed them up on the utility pole right behind our camp. Saw probably close to 20, and didn’t even get into the interior. Also saw a group of three blackbuck right outside camp doing well. Resilient critters. Yesterday afternoon would have made for great hunting. They were up feeding heavily. Half of the axis I saw on our place were visible from the highway that borders our place.
                  Last edited by TwoHighways; 02-20-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    This is supposedly from somewhere around Brady. 80 and still counting
                    Seen this photo attached to 4 different locations now so questioning the validity. Brady, Junction, Leakey and Rocksprings.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Seen this photo attached to 4 different locations now so questioning the validity. Brady, Junction, Leakey and Rocksprings.
                      the only truth of the matter is a herd somewhere took it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        I got a video, in a text, saying it was in Bastrop. This may turn out to be like one of those “mountain lion” tales.

Comment

I should have put "Supposedly" in Bold. Somewhere someone lost a lot of money on stock.

Comment

It’s sad to think any animal had to suffer this cold, or that someone with money invested took a hit. My biggest concern is the native whitetail herds though, I’m hoping they didn’t get hit too hard.

Comment

Just seen a guy in Bastrop lost 200 BB and 60 axis... that’s rough

Comment

Working...
                              X