What should we register for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should we register for?

I need some advice from the married folks on here. My fiancé and I are right in the middle of wedding planning (end of April is the big day) and we’re struggling with ideas for stuff to register for. The problem is, we aren’t kids just starting out a life, I’m in my thirties, and she’s just over 40. We already have most of the usual stuff people register for, and once we combine our houses we’re gonna have double of a lot of stuff. We kicked around the idea of not registering for anything, but all our friends and families weren’t too happy with that. Y’all hit me with some ideas for things you wish you had thought of before getting married.

guns, bows, prepaid hunts, ammo,binos, rangefinders, more ammo,yettie coolers, and there`s so much nore

Comment

if you really don't need anything... ask friends and family to make a donation to a charity you pick in honor of your special day.

Comment

Gift cards instead of stuff. Yall have enough stuff already. You can get what you want with gift cards. Or a go fund me type account

Comment

Money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Money

Comment

Wusthof kitchen knives

Comment

Nada
                It isn’t up to family and friends if you register for stuff you don’t need or want.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  if you really don't need anything... ask friends and family to make a donation to a charity you pick in honor of your special day.
                  This--No Person Left Behind is mine

Comment

We had a "money tree" at ours. Don't remember how much we got but our wedding was small anyway.

Comment

We didn't ask for anything. Those that insisted, we asked for Lowe's and HD gift cards. Tons of stuff on project lists that those GC's were applied to. We're also older in life, so it was tough compressing two houses into one anyway. Didn't really need anything.

Comment

forget the register stuff. You already have what you need.
                        those that insist on providing a gift will figure it out on their own

Comment

You need a chamber vac sealer, big grinder, etc etc

Comment

Keep in mind, you can always return items you don't need or items you receive more than one of. So, be mindful of where you register as you can end up with a lot of store credit.

With that said, here are a few items. A wedding registry is a good time to build up your kitchen arsenal a bit.

- decent quality kitchen knife set/block
                            - cocktail, wine, beer glasses
                            - nice set of silverware
                            - cast iron cookware
                            - nice coffee maker; i.e. Kurig, Nesspresso, etc.
                            - Corning wear or Pyrex...we really like our Pyrex
                            - Vacuum sealer
                            - Towels/linens;

Money is also a good option, but some folks just don't like to give it.

Weeding registry is a pain regardless. Just try to think of a few things around the house you might need. One of the tough parts is a lot of folks aren't looking to spend a lot, while others are. You feel kind of bad loading up a registry with a bunch of stuff.

Believe me, if you don't want a registry, at least provide ideas for the guest, such as gift cards to certain stores, etc. I know it sounds crazy, but there are some folks that feel they need to get you "something" and will stress out over it if you don't at least provide some ideas.
                            Last edited by CaptainDave; 02-04-2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Register for honeymoon stuff. Most wedding websites will allow people to help pay for airfare, hotel nights, dinners, excursions, etc. etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X