Bought a Solo Skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    They are cool but be careful. One of my buddies fished a dude out of the water in the middle of the bay in the winter who hit a wave wrong and flipped his over. Had someone not come along it would have been very, very bad.
    I did the same for a guy 2 years ago in Aransas Bay on a winter day he had no business being out on the open water on. We got it upright and towed back to cove harbor. Guy was fine but wouldn’t have been an hour later, motor was probably toast. They’re not open water vessels but really cool for what they were designed for. Remember that motor can get you into trouble a lot farther from the truck than a kayak.

Comment

Been watching them for several years, but unfortunately my money always goes to hunting. I belong to the FB group for them. There is always some great deals showing for them on there.

Comment

I own one. Feel free to PM with any questions.

You’re going to love the micro power pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations, good luck with it and post some fishing pics using it.

Comment

My son wants one bad!!

To add to what Glenn said, be careful on that little thing. We saw a guy fishin the north jetty in galveston out of one. It was rough enough when he went down into a trough of a swell he disappeared.
            Last edited by Quackerbox; 02-03-2021, 06:52 AM.

Comment

These guys were 10 miles offshore of Surfside this summer. Be safe.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                My son wants one bad!!

To add to what Glenn said, be careful on that little thing. We saw a guy fishin the north jetty in galveston out of one. It was rough enough when he went down into a trough of a swell he disappeared.
                You need to show him the H:Skiff. Be the perfect little boat for a college kid in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  You need to show him the H:Skiff. Be the perfect little boat for a college kid in Florida.
                  Hes been shopping boats hard since he found out there is a place to store them on campus. I will say I thought the Texas boat market was nuts. Them dudes in florida asking a mint for used stuff.

he sent me a 18' gator trax that was so old the paint was missing from the floor. It had one of them blue with white cowling 40hp two smoke rudes and a janky trailer and the guy listed it at 18k

I told him make nice with the guy that has the keys to the schools 30 contender

Comment

My brother fishes everyday sense his retirement with his solo. All of his fishing is down at the coast fly fishing the flats. He will never go out without a buddy because of the dangers that come with being on a surf board with your gear. He basically stripped it down to a push pole, cooler with a pad and a mini power pole. I asked him if he ever used it at the lake house "no way I would tackle a large body of water with surf boats".

I was in the market for one but decided to buy a inflated stand up sup. That way we can use the boat for travel then break out the sup for the super shallow water.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                      I own one. Feel free to PM with any questions.

You’re going to love the micro power pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Will do thanks!

Comment

Dang that’s nice. I fish from kayak. Let’s hook up

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                          Dang that’s nice. I fish from kayak. Let’s hook up
                          You got it!

Comment

I've wanted to build something like that years ago, but ended up getting an older 17' carolina skiff for a little less than what you bought. Works great for 3 people, usually I just wade from it and its been great with my 8 year old.

But, for some reason I still would like to get a small skiff like that. They look like fun. Enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                            X