Sandhill Cranes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandhill Cranes

I just walked out to my shop as the sun was setting and heard some Sandhill Cranes. I looked up and there were 2 groups of at least 100 each flying N/NW for as long as I could see them. Evidently they did not get the groundhog report today about 6 more weeks of winter.....

SO...... Isn`t it a little early for them to be headed north. I am located about 10 miles NW of Stephenville.

Just because birds are flying north doesn’t mean they’re migrating.

Comment

My son and a couple friends killed some Canadas near Lake Fork Sunday and they were flying north too. You put these two things together and my conclusion is..............birds have wings and they fly.

Comment

Saw lots headed north yesterday !
        Just got back from Laredo, no Waterfowl at all.
        They obviously headed out early.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Just because birds are flying north doesn’t mean they’re migrating.
          You are absolutely right sir. But unless you can get one to tell me otherwise...............Their migrating.

Comment

Alot of migratory birds start heading north after the winter solstice. They were very likely starting their migration back to the breeding grounds

Comment

From the house watched a lot of birds pick up and head north like really up there

Comment

Had 2 in my backyard this morning. Local groups still hanging around down here in Brazoria Co.

Comment

Saw two separate flocks in a couple of fields yesterday in Wilson County. First ones I've seen actually on the ground in a long time.

Comment

Usually March when I see them migrating north heavily through my area(DFW).

Comment

It's a tad early and they will be holding up somewhere til it thaws up north, probably Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                      X