Best sight light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best sight light

As discussed in another thread, I'm having issues with seeing my pins while in a pop up tent. I stopped by the archery shop in El Campo off Hwy 59 last Thurs and picked up a new one but it's junk. I need one that has a definitive on /off switch and preferably several intensity settings. Any recommendations?

If they make one like you describe I've never found it. I'm in my pop-up now and it's so bright outside my hha brand light will not light the pin. It has a "rheostat" but the highest setting makes no difference.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Z bros. Not cheap but like you I got tired of my light not working when I needed it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following.

Comment

Spot Hogg

Comment

I am in the same boat. This is what I done temporarily (Don't laugh)

Click image for larger version

Name:	bowlight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	24639488.

Comment

Hey it works! And I love that cat stinger in the corner! Have one also! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                I am in the same boat. This is what I done temporarily (Don't laugh)

[ATTACH]1033336[/ATTACH].
                Lmao. In your case, the MBG light kit will fix that King of Jerry rigs.

Comment

yeah I'm up for anything at this point and glad to hear I'm not the only one with the same issue. I was considering using my Hog Sniper flashlight and just sitting it on the floor and pointing it up toward my sights but there has to be a better way.

Comment

I bought a Trophy Ridge 5 years ago it doesn't have positive clicks but it does have 3 intensity levels with off in between each one and it has always worked

Comment

this is the piece of junk I got in El Campo. The nob just keeps spinning round and round and after 5-6 revolutions, you might get the light to come on. No clicking or affirmative on/off and after doing that maybe 5 times over the weekend, it wouldnt even come on at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow light.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	24639494

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Spot Hogg

This.

Comment

Several reviews on the Spot Hogg light:

The mechanism for turning it on and off is a very poor design. There is detents you can feel when you rotate the cap to turn it on and off, but barely. Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have to tighten and loosen the battery cap back and forth to get it to come on. Really needs a push button instead. I love Spot Hogg sights because they are made to last but this thing is junk.

I ordered two of these and both were defective and going back. I had to wiggle the unit to stay on and one would quit working after each shot. I'd have to take everything apart and wiggle the top cap to get it to turn on. I tried new batteries too and it still had issues. Spot Hogg makes great products, but whoever built this for them dropped the ball.

The light works well on the pins and the adjustable output is nice. Construction is good but the on/off switch is a major POC and not up to Spot Hogg's normal quality. It would be extremely easy to turn this on and not know it. If the switch was firm on/off it would be a 5 star product.

Does not stay lit when engaged. A tiny wiggle will switch it off. This also can give you the illusion you have turned to the off setting only to have it turn on inside your bow case killing the battery. Buyer beware, if you buy this make sure to jiggle it a little to make sure it is twisted into the right notch. Notches are not labeled.

Sounds like the one I already have

Comment

ZBros lights. Solid lights

Comment

Originally posted by jetboysixx View Post
                              Z bros. Not cheap but like you I got tired of my light not working when I needed it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                              ZBros lights. Solid lights

Comment

Working...
                              X