Help me decide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me decide...

If you could only hunt one of the remaining weekends in October, would you hunt this coming Saturday and Sunday, or the next? And why?

FYI...I'm hunting near the Houston/Anderson County line near Elkhart

I think there is more rain in the forecast for this weekend.

Comment

Every time you wait for the 'next' weekend, something goes wrong. Take the opportunity when you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
        I think there is more rain in the forecast for this weekend.
        The forecast still shows a good chance of a few showers Saturday morning up there but should be good after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          The forecast still shows a good chance of a few showers Saturday morning up there but should be good after that.
          I say hunt both, but if we are only choosing one, go this weekend. Nothing like the present.

Comment

neither if I had a choice full moon on the 24th. I would rather hunt if I only had one weekend on the weekend of November 3rd the moon is better.

Ok so to answer your question I would go this weekend I like the moon where it is in the pm hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
              neither if I had a choice full moon on the 24th. I would rather hunt if I only had one weekend on the weekend of November 3rd the moon is better.

Ok so to answer your question I would go this weekend I like the moon where it is in the pm hunt.
              I saved my last week of vacation at work for hunting season so I'll be hunting a combo of our East TX place and some family land in Throckmorton from November 3-11. I can only hunt one of the two remaining weekends in October due to some obligations so I'm torn... You are right about the moon, I'm kind of leaning toward this weekend right now but I'm keeping an eye on the forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                I saved my last week of vacation at work for hunting season so I'll be hunting a combo of our East TX place and some family land in Throckmorton from November 3-11. I can only hunt one of the two remaining weekends in October due to some obligations so I'm torn... You are right about the moon, I'm kind of leaning toward this weekend right now but I'm keeping an eye on the forecast.
                Ya I hear ya I am spoiled because I can hunt pretty much everyday If I want to but I do hunt harder on good moon days. I was driving around yesterday about 5 or so and there were lots of deer moving. I see that being the case for the the rest of the weekend. Mid morning to noon looks to be the next best time. Moon will be over head or close to it.

Comment

This coming before youth season opens up.

Comment

Working...
                  X