Help choosing entry-level scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help choosing entry-level scope

I'm trying to decide between getting a Sig Sauer Whiskey3 or a Vortex Crossfire II for my Wife's first rifle which is a Ruger American Compact in 7mm-08. I'm thinking 3-9x40, she'll be shooting @ less than 125 yards. I've found little reviews about the Sig scopes. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks.

I’m a leupold fan. All our rifles have them. The only other scope we have is Nikon. Good luck

Comment

I had a similar decision to make and went with Vortex for the warranty.

Comment

No experience with Sigs, but Vortex warranty is awesome and good products.

Comment

Nikon makes a good scope. Hunted with a Leupold rep once and I asked him who their biggest competitor was and he said Nikon.

This is the one I have and love it.

Shop the latest mirrorless & DSLR cameras and NIKKOR lenses from the official Nikon eCommerce site. Explore our innovations and photo equipment!

Comment

Leupold or Nikon are great for the money. Leupold warranty being amazing as well

Comment

I threw a crossfire on one of my rifles and so far I can’t complain one bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nikon 3-9×40 BDC on my 308. Does a great job and good price

Comment

look here https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=708776

Comment

Try a Leupold rifleman or vx1. Has good eye relief so she doesnt have to get really close to scope. My wife would rather use the 3x9x40 vx1 over the 4.5x14x50 vx3 I got her.

Comment

If you wanna go with a Vortex I'd at least get a Diamondback. It's worth the extra money above a Crossfire.

Comment

This is looking though a Vortex crossfire 4x12. It came on a used 243 that I bought. I thought I would pull it off and replace it but it's a good scope for the money and has held zero fine since I've had it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I bought a Crossfire Hog hunter and really like it.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I think I may go the Leupold route depending on what I can find.

Comment

You can find Leupold vx1’s pretty cheap since they replaced them with their freedom line. That’s the route I would go

Comment

Working...
                              X