Tell Me Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell Me Why?

Why I got this chain link fencing from a GS brother last winter and didn't start installing it until 95-degree weather? Regardless of my dumbness, this will keep the piglets inside the trap---no more squeezing out once the gate falls. Burying it about 6" below the bottom of the panels, fastening to the panels with hog rings, and leaving the top 18" loose in case they try to climb out, it will sag back into the trap with their weight.

I will head back out Monday in the morning for another bit of digging. Hardest part was removing the old wire I used inside previously---the kind with the black plastic used on construction sites---no-go, not strong enough. The rest of the wire is in good shape so all I will need to do is trench, and then attach the chain link to the panels over the existing wire---multiple blocking. I don't think the shoats will be escaping now--

Sometimes us men just get things done when the motivation finally hits....Ive been thinking about why I have not started some repairs on stands that need to be repaired....

Comment

You just had better things to do with you time until now

Comment

Doesn’t the breeze just go right through it?

Comment

I have 10 projects I put Off Last Summer.....waiting for cooler temps. Well, now it’s getting hot and they need to be done

Comment

Any of you motivated guys love painting houses in the hot west Texas wind by chance???
            Been putting it off but I think the boss lady building up to a motivational ultimatum soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
              Any of you motivated guys love painting houses in the hot west Texas wind by chance???
              Been putting it off but I think the boss lady building up to a motivational ultimatum soon.
              Well, for money or beer I can get motivated real quick

Comment

Reminds me of a t-shirt I once saw. It said: “When a MAN says he’s gonna do something, he’s gonna do it. You don’t need to nag him every 6 months!”

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                  Big Lake, TX. I love that town....It was around ‘93 or so that I had to call 911 because we had to many crawfish leftover and needed help eating them. They came to the rescue!

Comment

Back out for a second session today--I think the pigs will stay in the trap once I finish--and the extra wire isn't bothering them as the area under the feeder was all rooted up from last nights' visitors.

Comment

Can you share details of your gate?

Comment

Here's a pic but isn't complete--there are 2 t-posts on the inside, set wider than the gate and about 3-4" away from the gate when it is lifted level. Wire between the two t-posts has a catch to hold the gate up. Rope on the catch stretched to a crossrope about 6" above the ground, on the far side of the trap past the feeder. I'll get a better pic next trip out.

Comment

If you wait until August the humidity may be a little lower.

Comment

Be careful out there. Last Friday I was working on my wifes car and wound up in the ER from dehydration.

Comment

Did anybody else here that Backstreet Boy's song in their head when they read the title? Or was it just me...need to ditch the white claw and pick up the whiskey....I'm so ashamed...

Comment

Working...
                              X