Hog trap attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Only thing to avoid is getting your scent on it when baiting and setting.
    Cannot stress this enough! Good luck catching that big brown one, too

Comment

Man I hope you have better luck with that style than I did. They tired out and then were uncatchable. Built another one with a big drop gate and have been scoring for 11 yeArs with it

Comment

Woodsman, that jager gate system is an investment from what I just saw on their site. I would love to have that, but right now I don't live on my place and I would worry about it walking away in a hurry.

Comment

Love these threads.
          Get em!!!

Comment

Brian, you needing gator bait?

Hope ya get gettem.

Comment

Oh! And what ya gonna do if there's a gator outside the pen waiting on the piggies inside?

Comment

Man you get around, yotes, and now hogs! How did you do with the yote?

Comment

Mike I am going to have gator bait, coyote bait, smoker filler and fertilizer

Spied a gator on the way to check if pigs were using trap but I don't think his little 3' self will cause me any problems

Grant I didn't see that sorry sucker today but I had the shotgun ready

Good news is the pigs don't mind going in the trap so Saturday morning is looking promising

Comment

Come on Saturday morning!

It may be a bloody, muddy, mess. But I understand gators don't mind a little wet piggy.

Comment

Looking forward to the updates. Looks like a pig catcher for sure.

Comment

Get some high tensile strength wire and thread that around and thru the bottom of those hog panels. It makes it that much harder for them to get under. They end up having to dig down and then back up. I have not lost a pig yet going under after I put another wire around the bottom.

Comment

In for this thread.

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                            Get some high tensile strength wire and thread that around and thru the bottom of those hog panels. It makes it that much harder for them to get under. They end up having to dig down and then back up. I have not lost a pig yet going under after I put another wire around the bottom.
                            Great idea. I know they push stuff up. How do you get the wire snug?

Comment

10-4, give them hell Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                                Great idea. I know they push stuff up. How do you get the wire snug?
                                I would pull it tight and wrap each t post. Also put a clip on t post holding the wire. No it's not extremely tight but I can't get the bottom but an inch of the ground. I also do this on my gate panel but it zig zags from t post to t post between the bottom squares above the bottom wire. Now they don't lift the gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X