Spring Break Camper Destinations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Break Camper Destinations?

We are now camper owners and we are trying to come up with a first trip for it. We will use it at the lake during the summer and Oklahoma lease during the fall. Our Spring Break is March 11-18 and we would probably just stay somewhere 4-5 nights.

Any good recommendations for that time of year?

Red river
    Bull shoals lake Arkansas
    Anywhere New Mexico

Comment

Moab, UT

Comment

More infor would be helpful. How far do you want to go? Got kids and what age etc.

Have fun and use it as much as you can.

Comment

Canyon of Eagles out of Burnett. Nice clean park

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
            More infor would be helpful. How far do you want to go? Got kids and what age etc.

Have fun and use it as much as you can.
            Yessir I should have. Im looking to stay withing 4-5 hours of Lufkin. Have a seven year old and a three year old.

Comment

Trying to decide the same thing with a 6 and 3 yo... To cold for water destination, and snow is to far with little kids.

Comment

We had a blast last spring break at Palo Duro Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We did Big Bend one year and Broken Bow the following. Good time to hike Big Bend as the temperatures are nice. Kids had a blast at both places.

Comment

Hidden Lake Safari Ranch and RV park

Buena Vista Wildlife Safari and RV Park (probably where I'll be this year)

Canyon of the Eagles or Big Chief RV park

Jellystone parks (I prefer the one in Burleson but one in Waller is OK for Spring break)

Cedar Hill State park

Comment

Big Bend is the spring break camping trip my grown kids still talk about. We stayed in terlingua not the park.

Comment

You are already behind. Most good places book early.

Comment

Go spend a weekend in it at Sam Rayburn first. You are close enough to home to go get the things you forgot/didn't think about.
                          Years ago, we pulled a 19' Mobile Scout to Big Bend. at some point on the way, the sugar cannister got out of an upper cabinet and crash landed on the stove, then hit the floor. We opened the door at Big Bend, saw the mess and realized we didn't have a broom. There ain't no brooms to be had at Big Bend. Fortunately, we were able to borrow one.

Comment

Might look at Gulf Pines Rv Resort. We haven't been there yet, going next week. My son has been there. Lots to go in the park and a dinosaur park and go karts next store. Is changing to a Margaritaville park soon.
                            Just past Breaux Bridge, LA

Comment

With kids that age, you don’t have to go far to make it an adventure or an event. I took my girls camping a few times in the summer when they were younger. We camped at a state campground that is (almost) right out our back door. It worked out well, too. My husband came out and help set everything up. While he went to work during the day and got to sleep in the AC each night, he’d stop by the campground everyday after work for dinner on the way home. I borrowed an RV from a family member but brought a tent for the girls. They had a blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X