Momma always said to chew your food - Heron vs. eel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momma always said to chew your food - Heron vs. eel

Update, Dec. 17 at 2:40 pm EST: Live Science has learned that the animal dangling from the heron is an American eel (Anguilla rostrata), which are common in Delaware waters and along the U.S. Atlantic coast, according to the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC). "It is rare for a heron to swallow an American eel that big and even rarer for the eel to burst out of the heron," a DNREC fisheries biologist told Live Science.

The original story, posted Nov. 10, is below.

Eel fighting for its life pulled an "alien" move by bursting out of the stomach of a heron that had just swallowed it whole, according to photos snapped by an amateur photographer in Delaware.

Wow, never imagined that could happen.

Comment

That heron messed up..

Comment

That's wild.

It's amazing that herons still exist. I've seen them down a whole hardhead plenty of times.

Comment

I'll call it - photoshopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            I'll call it - photoshopped.
            might be , might not .... I have no clue

here's the article and more pics that were actually taken in 2011 and only recently published.... https://www.livescience.com/snake-ee...-of-heron.html

Comment

You'd think it would have thrown up before it got to that point. That's gross.

Comment

wont last long in that condition

Comment

Not seen that before, seen them eat many hardheads, head first. So there is no way they can cough it up, with the fins folded.

Comment

Working...
                  X