2023 Ford Super duties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Ford Super duties

Just curious if anyone has taken delivery or when there expecting delivery on the F250 or 350. Gonna buy one this year but waiting til I can walk in and buy one. Are there considerable mark ups or are they selling at MSRP. Any other thoughts on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered my 2023 F250 at the end of November 2022. Ford emailed me with a week of 02-20-2023 build date. A little below invoice (X Plan). Going to add a $500 Georgia Farm Bureau discount and I'm trying to get a PCO.

edit: My local dealer is at MSRP on stock units.

Comment

From a search (they were supposed to be links):

2023 SuperDuty Ordering - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
      Made the order today - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
      2023 Super Duty - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
      F250 gassers - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
      2023 f250 - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
      2023 Ford F-350 or not - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
      2023 f250 - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
      Houston New Ford F-350 Dually? - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
      Anyone order an F250 lately? - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
        Just curious if anyone has taken delivery or when there expecting delivery on the F250 or 350. Gonna buy one this year but waiting til I can walk in and buy one. Are there considerable mark ups or are they selling at MSRP. Any other thoughts on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        All depends on what trim package you want. Ordered a 23 KR in November of 2022 and it won’t be ready until Oct of 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
          All depends on what trim package you want. Ordered a 23 KR in November of 2022 and it won’t be ready until Oct of 2023.
          How did you get that October date? I ordered one (platinum) but all I have read is build dates start for phase 2 in April, nothing official though.
          Last edited by rjet; 01-26-2023, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
            How did you get that October date? I ordered one (platinum) but all I have read is build dates start for phase 2 in April, nothing official though.
            Was just told that by the dealer. You’re correct, my paper work doesn’t say that either. I hope it’s before Oct for sure.

Comment

I think the "OK to Buy" for Job 1 trucks was just published by Ford (final quality review following every major changeover). So we should see them start to be delivered to dealers soon.

Comment

I picked up my 2023 F250 yesterday.

7.3 gasser with .430 gears.

It's the first time I've ever traded in a truck and been disappointed.

My 2016 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 HO Cummins Aisin was the best truck I've ever owned. The performance, quality, fit and finish was excellent.

The only thing I ever did to it was regular scheduled maintenance.

I've owned Fords, GMCs, Chevys, Dodges, Rams and Toyotas and the 2016 Ram was the best of them all.

I've only driven the Ford home from the dealership, but there are a few things that have caught my attention already.

I hear a wind noise like a window is cracked open. There are rattles that sound like door panels are loose. The truck feels like you're driving a feather, this may be from being used to the heavy (and more "stable") DRW Ram.

Last but not least, when I went around the roundabout near my house, I had to crank the wheel like driving a boat. I don't know if it has a different steering ratio than the Ram, a different steering wheel size or what. I did the same driving into the roundabout I always do, but I had to grab the steering wheel with both hands and crank it when my normal steering input didn't guide me around the circle. I assume I'll get used to the steering input. I've driven most everything on wheels and tracks over the past 45 years and this was the first time I was caught off guard turning a steering wheel.
                Attached Files

Comment

One more thing.

I was going to put my 96Rock plate on the front of the truck when I got home.

I looked at the front of the truck before I left the dealer and there was no tag holder. I asked the salesman for a tag holder and he stated that there was a shortage so only states that require front plates get tag holders.

Comment

Man that's a bummer to wait all that time and then be unhappy with your new truck.

I noticed when driving in another F-250 (2017) a few months ago it's steering felt light and dainty- like mine was before I had the death wobble recall done (mine's a 2019). Ever since the recall it feels planted and normal, like my 2011 did.

I wonder what they changed on the 20's- 23's as far as the front end goes compared to the previous versions with the twitchy death wobble. ?

Comment

You don't have a front plate on your old truck. Unless you took the entire bracket off on that too. At which point, the next owner has the same issue you did.

The steering rack, I agree, Ford requires much more steering input than other MFG's. I personally like it a lot more, as quick steering is for cars/racing. You went from a 1 ton diesel DRW to 3/4 ton gas SRW. Definitely going to drive different as the Ford 3/4 ton rear axle is less robust than the Ford 1 ton rear axle, and I am sure Dodge is the same way.

As for the rattles, take it back in. It's warranty work. I dealt with this on a GM when I purchased brand new. PITA, but it will get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        You don't have a front plate on your old truck. Unless you took the entire bracket off on that too. At which point, the next owner has the same issue you did.
                        Rams don't have a mounting bracket. They have two small holes in the bumper with a nutsert type deal to mount the front plate.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                          Rams don't have a mounting bracket. They have two small holes in the bumper with a nutsert type deal to mount the front plate.
                          There is a bracket. You may not have gotten it. Here is an example.

Personally, I like the no bracket look. Regardless, I hope you get it all worked out with the new one. Always sucks getting something new and it not being what you were looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            There is a bracket. You may not have gotten it. Here is an example.

Personally, I like the no bracket look. Regardless, I hope you get it all worked out with the new one. Always sucks getting something new and it not being what you were looking for.
                            That's a trip. I had two 2016's and neither had a bracket.

Comment

The dealer says they can't get me a front plate bracket.

I just used the Ford app to chat with Ford and they say go to the dealer.

This $3 part is really p*****g me off. White people problems.

I need to hire a Karen to get me a bracket. Is there such a thing as a free-lance Karen?

Comment

Working...
                              X