No announcement yet.

Left Knee this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for a quick and successful surgery and recovery. 2nd one should be a piece of cake since you know what to expect.

Comment

Good luck on another quick recovery

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery Stan.

Comment

Left Knee this morning.

Hope it all goes well!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Prayers up Stan.

I need to have mine looked at but Im afraid to have it done. Too many bad stories.
            Do you need knee replacement surgery or something related to soft tissue (I.e., meniscus, ACL, etc.)? What kind of bad stories have you heard?

I know a number of people who’ve had knees replaced menisci and repaired, and, to a number, all said they wished they’d done it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
              Do you need knee replacement surgery or something related to soft tissue (I.e., meniscus, ACL, etc.)? What kind of bad stories have you heard?

I know a number of people who’ve had knees replaced menisci and repaired, and, to a number, all said they wished they’d done it sooner.
              I dont know what I need cause its not bad enough to go to the dr yet (sounds like typical man?)

I just know it hurts after climbing ladders, hiking, being on my feet all day etc. Depending the situation I combat it with advil or whiskey. As for the horror stories, Stan here is the 1st or second that have actually had good results. LOTS of stories of having to start over or have ridiculous PT and I just aint got time for that.

I did have good results with surgery on a bad disc in my back but I essentially did that once I couldnt walk

Comment

Yes, not going to the doctor seems to be fairly predictable male behavior (much like being told something, but not really hearing it, then having to be hit over the head with it before you finally hear it).

But I do understand about not having the time. Recovery is definitely long and PT (at 2x or 3x per week) is definitely a commitment, a real PIA, but definitely worth the effort. They say that recovery from knee surgery is one of the most painful things there is. I have found this to be hyperbole more than reality; probably from people who have very low pain thresholds. Again, another thing more common in men.

Comment

Just heard from Stan that his surgery went well. I'm sure he's higher than the tax bill right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Just heard from Stan that his surgery went well. I'm sure he's higher than the tax bill right now.

The first 24 hours after anesthesia are some of the best hours of your life!

Comment

Prayers for a quick recovery - even better than the first!

Comment

glad things went well, prayers for a quick and smooth recovery!!

Comment

I'm sure my day will come. I played soccer from age 4 to 37. Basketball, baseball growing up as well, and then was a kicker for three years for the football team. My knees are shot. They were feeling pretty good until i made the mistake of scrimmaging with some 9-year-olds i'm coaching. That was about 5 weeks ago, and my knees are still jacked.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                            I'm sure my day will come. I played soccer from age 4 to 37. Basketball, baseball growing up as well, and then was a kicker for three years for the football team. My knees are shot. They were feeling pretty good until i made the mistake of scrimmaging with some 9-year-olds i'm coaching. That was about 5 weeks ago, and my knees are still jacked.

My sister, who has NEVER been athletic (instead choosing the more cerebral hobbies throughout her life) has managed to turn 58 without ever having suffered joint pain of any kind. She credits her lack of physical activity for this and posits that physical exercise is actually bad for your body in the long run.

She also takes practice Mensa tests for fun. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              My sister, who has NEVER been athletic (instead choosing the more cerebral hobbies throughout her life) has managed to turn 58 without ever having suffered joint pain of any kind. She credits her lack of physical activity for this and posits that physical exercise is actually bad for your body in the long run.

She also takes practice Mensa tests for fun. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
                              I'm always calling people MENSA candidates instead of dumbasses. I got a kick out of it. They usually don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                I'm always calling people MENSA candidates instead of dumbasses. I got a kick out of it. They usually don't.

Hah! Mind if I appropriate this veiled insult from you??

Comment

Working...
                                X