What can/can't a collision center do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can/can't a collision center do?

Need some more advice today!! This one I need a bit more expediently.

Can a collision repair shop, after collecting full payment for work done, put a lean on a vehicle and/or tow a vehicle/repo the vehicle, if the customer disputes a partial amount of the charge because the work was not done properly, and the merchant agreed?

A lot to digest, a lot going on in my head, I'm already scatter brained, long winded, and now ****** off. I am not thinking clearly.

Trying to get ahold of my employee assistance program to speak to an attorney dealing in civil matters/consumer issues.

Did you get something in writing from them stating that the work was wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You need legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Did you get something in writing from them stating that the work was wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        They say I did, I asked to see it, they will not show it to me.

I did get legal advice. My guy - one of my good friends from HS baseball that graduated from Baylor with a law degree and practices in Arlington - told me that while they can do all that I said, it is in a bit of legal gray area. It would benefit me the most to cancel it and not have to worry about looking over my back to see if my truck is being repo'ed.

Comment

what a day. Been dealing with these sleezeballs since 11 am. I called them and told them I withdrew my dispute.

Comment

If they agreed something was wrong then how were they going to correct it? Surely that was discussed before you paid them in full.

Comment

Do you mind stating which collision center? At least after yall are all settled up.....so we can be forewarned. Hate that you are dealing with this.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                Do you mind stating which collision center? At least after yall are all settled up.....so we can be forewarned. Hate that you are dealing with this.
                I don't mind, but I also don't want to do it just yet. They have another opportunity to correct these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                  If they agreed something was wrong then how were they going to correct it? Surely that was discussed before you paid them in full.
                  This was my mistake, fully admit to that. I knew I should not have paid in full either, but still did it because 1) they were absolutely terrific up until this point. 2) I knew I was paying with credit card so I knew I could dispute it if needed. Had I not had the credit card and the confidence with disputing it I would never had paid up front.

They called me on a Friday and said the work was done. I show up, they sat me down in an office and gave me the bill. I paid with credit card. Then they said it will be just a little longer. I waited for them to finish for about an hour.

They then asked me to tip the mechanic twice. i left after i told them they forgot the ram 1500 decal. Felt very uncomfortable. The next day is when I noticed the dent.

Comment

Working...
                  X