Shots needed to kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shots needed to kill

I am very surprised at reading that it takes a cop 7, 20 shots to stop a threat. I mean, what are they using, .22 shorts?
    Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2020, 01:33 PM.

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    I am very surprised at reading that it takes a cop 7, 20 shots to stop a threat. I mean, what are they using, .22 shorts? I remember when I competed Police Combat Pistol, any cops showing up, usually scored in the bottom half. If I had to use a weapon to protect myself and others, I would definitely be extremely proficient with it. But, that's just me.
    I imagine that you could train as much as you wanted, in the heat of the moment when it's your life or theirs, and you are possibly being shot at, you may not recall your training.

Not saying training is pointless... I just bet that you're more concerned what what's in front of you rather than what you went over last week/month. Just a theory.

Comment

Its not just cops that miss in shootouts. trust me

Comment

Let's have this conversation again when you are scared to death and think you are about to die.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
          I imagine that you could train as much as you wanted, in the heat of the moment when it's your life or theirs, and you are possibly being shot at, you may not recall your training.

Not saying training is pointless... I just bet that you're more concerned what what's in front of you rather than what you went over last week/month. Just a theory.
          No, you train to react without thinking. But, really, I think all 7 and 20 rounds hit, what were they using?

Comment

May have something to do with the amount of drug use in this country which makes those being shot not realize they are dead until shots 7-20.

Comment

That many are rarely needed. However, one shot doesn't always stop the threat. They shot till threat stops

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                May have something to do with the amount of drug use in this country which makes those being shot not realize they are dead until shots 7-20.
                Good point.

Comment

You’ve seen too many movies, pistols don’t take people out as easily as hollywood makes it look.

Comment

Keep pulling the trigger till they hit the floor or turn loose of the weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                      Let's have this conversation again when you are scared to death and think you are about to die.
                      That was my first thought.

Comment

I guess I wasn't clear on the OP. One bad guy was shot and hit 7 times in the back (forget it was point blank) and is still alive. The one in LA took 20 hits, but he is dead. If I got my info right, that's a lot of lead in a body. I'm interested in the caliber/bullets used.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          I remember when I competed Police Combat Pistol, any cops showing up, usually scored in the bottom half. If I had to use a weapon to protect myself and others, I would definitely be extremely proficient with it. But, that's just me.
                          This part doesn't really read that way...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            This part doesn't really read that way...
                            Yeah, sometimes I talk too much and get off track. Just ask my beautiful wife.

Comment

im banking on the fact that things change immensely when adrenaline and fear come into play

Comment

Working...
                              X