No announcement yet.

What Bass Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each brand is going to have its own perks, I have personally owned a skeeter, basscat and now am in a triton Tr21x is and love it. Mainly because of the room on the front deck.

Comment

I just bought a 920 phoenix it is a great boat . these days there all good boats.. I've been in most major brands. some are a little more fancy than others some run a little better than others. I like the phoenix it is simple has good equipment and runs great..

Comment

All the guys I know that are serious bass fisherman run bass cat or Phoenix. Im a saltwater guy so what do I know?

Comment

I also have a feeling that Triton will be the next line of boats that Johnny Morris puts the Axe to. Already shut down Stratos and Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
            I also have a feeling that Triton will be the next line of boats that Johnny Morris puts the Axe to. Already shut down Stratos and Legend.
            That would be a big mistake and I doubt that would happen, they just moved to another facility so Triton and Ranger are not made in the same building. There are several great boats to choose from, best advice is to find a great dealer near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              LOL...…...this is like a "what pickup truck to buy" thread!'
              That is exactly what it is and it typically involves a bunch of "mine is better than yours" bs.

Everybody makes a decent boat these days. Look at the features each offers and see what you like.

For instance, I fished a tournament Saturday in a 35mph wind sitting in the worst place I could possibly be as far as being in the wind. I took waves over the front of the boat constantly. I would not have wanted to be in a basscat due where they put their trolling motor pedal. I probably would have fallen out. Great boats, I just don't like that feature. Some people like the pedal that far forward, I don't.

Comment

Another vote for Phoenix.

Comment

I may be wrong but I think a couple years ago Legend had the biggest front deck. That being said, Dad has a skeeter, and if I had the money I'd buy in this order:

Ranger
                  (Skeeter, Phoenix or Legend)

Comment

Ive been in and fished out of almost every bass boat out there. And i chose the Phoenix and i love it. I dont really see myself ever owning any other.

20PHX w/250 Merc ProXS

Comment

Ranger?
                      Do they still build them one at a time?

Comment

Skeeter. They're the best and have great customer service. Oh and they're made in TX.

Comment

Skeeter.

Have a buddy that’s always us Skeeters. Went off the rails and bought a Bass Cat and had nothing but problems. He’s back to a Skeeter now.

Comment

My dad has a 2013 Ranger Z21C, and its pretty dang sweet. I've got no experience with the others, but they all look awesome. I'd figure out what is most important to you and narrow down your search. Do you want to go fast? Do you want a huge fishing deck? Just like buying a bow or truck. They are all so good now that you can't go wrong as long as you do your research first to make sure you don't get one that doesn't fit you because it is "pretty".

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              LOL...…...this is like a "what pickup truck to buy" thread!'
                              Or who makes the best ice chest 😀

Comment

If its about contingency money Skeeter all the way.
                                Then it comes down to preference.
                                I like the Cats one of the longest built modern bass boat. (Wide format)
                                What holds the value best is pretty much Ranger.
                                Best looking! Phoenix and one of the best rides out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X