School situation with my 12 yr old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    Not up to the school district, but if parents want to file charges against the other student, not much the school district can do about it.
    And for your info, it is not a crappy district nor a crappy county nor DA, so just keep it to yourself. You do not live here and do not know what is happening. I agree, but it is what it is today like it or not. And I did not say anything about throwing hands, I said if the student broke a nose or knocked out a tooth or possibly worse. Get off your high horse!
    I do not agree with this, but do not tell me how crappy everything is here, you do not have that right!
    LMAO...I have the right to say whatever I want....or will I go to prison?

I wasn't on a high horse, I was merely saying that you were blowing a bunch of bull**** that was incorrect. And to your other point, parents cannot file charges. They can make a complaint, but only the DA can file charges. You've said more than once that these kids would go to juvenile hall and that is just not a fact. You're either fear-mongering or you're generalizing or you just don't know what you're talking about. Either way I stand by what I said about it all being horsecrap.

Comment

A student puts a kid in the hospital or a visit to a doctor for a broken nose, knocked out tooth or worse, what do you think the parents of that student are going to do. Just wave it off as childs play? Honestly in today's world, parents are going to file charges and sue the crap out of folks.

Where in the hell did I say matt was gong to pursue charges or if it would go that far, but who is going to say the parents of the injured child would not do this. Just being cautious, not saying it would happen, but there is always that chance.

I had to have a 3rd grader handcuffed and taken off to juvi for assaulting and hurting one of my aides one year. No charges were filed, but he was arrested, handcuffed and hauled off.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
        Almost same situation as we are in. My son who is 12 got slapped by a kid 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago the same kid who slapped mine called my kid a faggot. Long story short...... my kid handled the situation and the other kid has a broken collar bone. We are now getting sued and my they are pressing charges with felony assault on my 12 year old.
        Might cost you some money, but he ain't going to jail.

Comment

Your boy took a swing. Congrats to him! He was wrong in this politically correct society, your being called in to discuss the situation. The teachers and principal know the reputation of the perpetrator and are probably glad your son did what he did, but have to go through these motions to cover their tails.

Had a similar situation with my oldest In high school couple years ago. He got 1day iss and told how wrong it was with a smile by the AP and full support from home.

Let the principle know you understand what your son did was against school policy but the bully’s behavior will no longer be tolerated and it is the schools responsibility to control it.

Don’t make a huge deal out of this. Right of passage for most.

Comment

Originally posted by 1RutNBuc View Post
            Lots of good comments here! This certainly sounds like a case of bullying......however expect a few things:

1. If your son hasn't notified the admin about this prior to him taking a swing, then he is the only "guilty" one at this point. (Can't respond to items you arent aware of)

2. Kids LIE: every kid tells the story to make them the least guilty in the story; details get left out, changed or fabricated almost %100 of the time

3. Ask the admin, and they will anyway, to start a bullying report so that any incidents between your child and this one be documented. This will make all teachers aware of the issue and will help them monitor their interactions.

Its a process and it sucks to have our kids taking the brunt of these things, but this too shall pass and like stated, they will most likely be friends in the end.

Or, he can handle it with his hands, in which case he will have consequences that could lead to an AEP stint; but the bully would probably not want to bother him any longer.
            I was going to PM you, but this is just about the exact info I was going to send you. Been in education 20 years, Admin for last 7, currently at a junior high with a son your exact age and grade.

Especially follow through with #1 and #3 . Schools must investigate bullying reports!! Coach

Comment

well no doubt things have indeed changed... When I was in elementary school, the last thing a kid wanted was to have his mamma go up to the school and complain about what some other kid had done to him... Talk about embarrassing... the kid would'a been a laughing stock!! Sombody diss you, if you was "man" enough (at 8 to 10 years old), you took care of it yourseff...

Had a situation like that when I was in 6th grade... My mamma was gonna go up to school and talk to the principal... I begged her not to so she didn't... My dad tole me, "Son, if you kick his arse just right, next time he sees you he'll run." My dad was right you know, and all that crap stopped instantly... guess you can't do that nowadays...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                well no doubt things have indeed changed... When I was in elementary school, the last thing a kid wanted was to have his mamma go up to the school and complain about what some other kid had done to him... Talk about embarrassing... the kid would'a been a laughing stock!! Sombody diss you, if you was "man" enough (at 8 to 10 years old), you took care of it yourseff...

Had a situation like that when I was in 6th grade... My mamma was gonna go up to school and talk to the principal... I begged her not to so she didn't... My dad tole me, "Son, if you kick his arse just right, next time he sees you he'll run." My dad was right you know, and all that crap stopped instantly... guess you can't do that nowadays...
                Well to be fair, when you were in the sixth grade the Civil War had just ended and the last thing anyone wanted was more conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                  Aaaaaand this is what’s wrong with the world. A fella can’t get into a fistfight without fear of being arrested.
                  Yep. Until they're pushed to the point of not caring and the bully and anyone else that can't run fast enough has bullet holes in them.

I'd let the principal and the kid know next time he will connect and you'll deal with the consequences then.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 10-17-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

My how times have changed from the 60's. I had a guy bullying me about 4th are 5th grade. I knew better than to do it during school hours. We would both get an arse busting. Not really bullying but calling me names. We took it to the parking lot at a Junior High football game and he never said another thing. We wound up best buddies thru High School'

Comment

I guess it depends on the school. We have had a few issues with my two boys. I have told them if they are assaulted or bullied excessively at school to do whatever they have to do and I will back them up 100%, if they start it, its their butt. My oldest had a kid that kept messing with him and wouldnt leave him alone. I told him to report it. He did twice and absolutely nothing happened, nothing changed. Finally it escalated to physical and my son punched him in the face. Issue resolved, kid avoids him now. All at school, no teachers did a thing. Maybe we dont have enough spoiled rich kids with lawyers on retainer here......

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        Yep. Until they're pushed to the point of not caring and the bully and anyone else that can't run fast enough has bullet holes in them.

I'd let the principal and the kid know next time he will connect and you'll deal with the consequences then.
                        Thats what happens when you take away a kids ability to defend themselves and put it into the hands of the school. The school cannot and will not be able to handle all the issues. And when it isnt handled and kids arent able to stand up for themselves it eats them up inside. Day after day till they snap and kill themselves or someone else. Why we take away their fundamental right to defend themselves is beyond my comprehension

Comment

How long has it been since some of y9ou have been in an elementary school and looked at the size of some of these kids? I have 2 in my unit that are as big if not bigger than I am and one for sure is. I am 6' and 200#'s and no way could I restrain them without one of us getting hurt! Some of these kids, probably held back at least 1 year, are monsters and could do some serious damage. The one kid I have that is way bigger than I am could very easily break a leg on me or my TA's or a teacher if he kicks you just right. He can kick a hole in an OSB wall with no problem and I have seen him do it!

You have 3rd graders that are 6’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a better day when boys could settle matters at recess. Settle up. It's over.

Comment

And public school is gay....

Comment

I’m still reading and glad to know I’m not in this by myself. A punch in the face still seems the easiest way to handle but I’m too poor for a lawsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X