Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View of Angelo storm from St.Lawrence

Click image for larger version

Name:	hail storm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	24617905

Comment

Beautiful. I heard we got 1.1 inches of rain on our place in Fort McKavett today.

Comment

That's some crazy size ice balls, I hope we didn't get any of that stuff.

Comment

What a awesome picture, wish I was the one taking it . Instead I was under it . My phone app showed 3 tenths in FM I am 3 miles east of the Fort

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Other than a big deer or Tom showing up, the "rain gauge" is one of my favorite parts of owning one. Hopefully they get signal in your area eventually. I had to go up 15-17 foot on one of my cameras in a draw to make it work with a booster antenna but it worked and it was worth the effort.. They eventually got a stronger signal shooting and I went back down to just a standard piece of conduit.

[ATTACH]1004647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1004648[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1004649[/ATTACH]
            Yeah a lease mate let me borrow his booster to see if it would work, had it probably 12-15ft off the ground and still wouldn't get a signal. On top of the hill I get one, but this is quite a elevation change.

Comment

holy smokes! That's some scary big hail.

Comment

I saw this one on FB about the hail in Burkburnett

Comment

We had some rain at the ranch the past three days in a row in the late afternoon. Not much yesterday, but still had some. Water Valley.

Comment

I filled my protein feeder today, perfect timing as there was about 100lbs in the bottom. I put out 2000lbs, other members are putting out 6k next weekend. They are killing it. Got trail cameras running so hopefully I can watch them grow.

It’s pretty wet out there right now, range conditions look great.

Hopefully some monsters will be peeking out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                      I filled my protein feeder today, perfect timing as there was about 100lbs in the bottom. I put out 2000lbs, other members are putting out 6k next weekend. They are killing it. Got trail cameras running so hopefully I can watch them grow.

It’s pretty wet out there right now, range conditions look great.

Hopefully some monsters will be peeking out this year.

Nice!! Hoping we get some rain this week. We could use it out in WV. Headed out next weekend if the rain permits. Putting out a little over 6 tons of protein next week. We will be at 21 tons after that. One lease member is out this weekend putting water at his set. My goal next weekend is to get my tote up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Just a general FYI, another lease member has an old body style Toyota Tundra (03 maybe) that I borrowed one morning and had a ball joint snap (while I was driving maybe 5 mph just my luck) on a Saturday. He was coming out the next week, so I needed to get it fixed before he came out.

I got it towed to Greg Curtis at Reliable Auto. He quoted a reasonable price. I told him I needed it by Thursday for my cousin to pick up. He said no problem. This is 3:30 on Saturday afternoon. He called me at 10:00 am the next morning and said he had it fixed. He retired from one of the San Angelo dealerships and lives next to his shop.

Anyway, if anyone locally in Angelo or at the lease needs quick work at a reasonable price, I highly recommend Greg. He is off Loop 306 near Goodfellow.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            Just a general FYI, another lease member has an old body style Toyota Tundra (03 maybe) that I borrowed one morning and had a ball joint snap (while I was driving maybe 5 mph just my luck) on a Saturday. He was coming out the next week, so I needed to get it fixed before he came out.

I got it towed to Greg Curtis at Reliable Auto. He quoted a reasonable price. I told him I needed it by Thursday for my cousin to pick up. He said no problem. This is 3:30 on Saturday afternoon. He called me at 10:00 am the next morning and said he had it fixed. He retired from one of the San Angelo dealerships and lives next to his shop.

Anyway, if anyone locally in Angelo or at the lease needs quick work at a reasonable price, I highly recommend Greg. He is off Loop 306 near Goodfellow.

Good to know! Thanks

Comment

My blind is finally up and feeders were topped off this past weekend. The Axis are much more active and everything is pounding the protein. The rain the last few days was much needed for just about all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                Just a general FYI, another lease member has an old body style Toyota ...
                                My '97 Tacoma did that to me on I-35 on a bridge in downtown Ft Worth. It could have been real bad but I was able to get to the shoulder without too much drama.

Comment

Working...
                                X