X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Friday)

Daily Bible Portion - 6 of 7
    "WHEN HE SENT"

(Weekly Reading>>Exodus 13:17-17:16, Judges 5:1-31, John 6:25-35, Revelation 15:1-4)

Each person was to gather an omer of manna every day. It was not to be saved into the next day. They were only to gather enough for that one day. The one who gathered much and the one who gathered little, had the amount that each person needed.

Scripture records what happened when the people disobeyed Yahweh and saved manna into the next day.

Exodus 16:20 “However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell.”

We have all left pieces of bread out overnight or even for many days and did not experience or even worried about having maggots form in the bread. Maggots form in dead, decomposing FLESH. This manna that fell in the desert, that sustained the Israelites for forty years, is compared to the flesh–the body of Yeshua, who made as an offering of life for us.

John 6:51 Yeshua said, “I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

Yahweh is teaching us that His word is fresh everyday and needs to be gathered daily so that we will not become stagnant. When we read His Word we fill our lives up with His life, as it is His word that sustains our very life.

John 14:20-21 Yeshua said, “On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you. Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me. He who loves Me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show Myself to him.”

Only on the sixth day were the Israelites commanded to gather up twice the amount and keep it over for the seventh day/Sabbath. On this seventh day the manna would not rot or decompose but would stay fresh for them.

Exodus 16:23-28 “This is what Yahweh commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to Yahweh. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’ So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. ‘Eat it today,’ Moses said, ‘because today is a Sabbath to Yahweh. You will not find any of it on the ground today.’”

Note: Yeshua resurrected on the weekly "Sabbath" before sunrise. Every time the phrase "first day of the week" appears in the New Testament the word "day" is italicized. The word "day" has been added by translators. Scripture reveals each time this phrase is used it occurs between Passover and Pentecost. The reason for this phrase is the counting of seven Sabbaths and fifty days to Pentecost which is also known as"Feast of Weeks" actually "Feast of Sabbaths". Messiah was crucified on Wednesday afternoon. Messiah was in the tomb three days (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) and three nights Wed night, Thur night, Fri Night.

You will not find any of it on the ground today is a reference to the Messiah Yeshua and that He would not be found dead in the ground (grave). This passage is prophetic of Yeshua’s death and resurrection. His flesh did not see decay, as He did not die–He is alive! Yeshua is the living eternal word (John 1:1; 14).

Acts 1:3 “After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.” He is alive…

continues tomorrow...

Most Christians believe Jesus was crucified on Friday (Good Friday) and rose on Sunday (Easter Sunday).

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Working...
      X