Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Build

I recently completed a new rifle blind for my hill country lease, and figured I would post some pictures to help anybody who might need some ideas in the future. (And to brag a little bit as I think it turned out awesome and am excited to use it this season )

Pictures to follow...

Chris

TBHer 'bryan sandlin' was generous enough to offer to weld me up a 5' base w/ ladder and 4x6' metal blind frame for a nominal fee...

Comment

I sided it w/ LP Smart side and used the matching trim. Picked an olive drab color for the body and bark brown for the trim. I used 10" tall deerview windows, and also got one of their door frame kits and was able to put a piece of smartside in there as well.

Comment

Getting the blind up on the base was no easy task. Three of us were able to flop the blind from the bed of the truck onto the base, but it was tough. In hindsight, I probably would go ahead and bolt the base to the bottom of the blind with everything laying sideways, then stand it up from there. Live and learn.

Comment

I had a custom aluminum roof pan made to fit over the top with a piece of 3/4" foam insulation underneath.

Then I used the winch on my Jeep to tilt the whole blind back to get it level using some pavers. Hindsight again, should've leveled the stand BEFORE we put the blind on top.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

I drove a couple t-posts in an 'X' under the stand and used a ratchet strap to suck everything to the ground. Seems really stable and don't think I'll have any issues with it blowing over.

Added carpet, two chairs, used some foam sealer to fill a couple gaps and trimmed the Oak a bit.

Final product...

Comment

What was the cost of the metal do you think?

Comment

Turned out nice

Comment

very nice

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Looks nice

Comment

Good looking deer stand

Comment

Do you have any pictures of the door?