Peach tree problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peach tree problems.

Walking around in yard and I have 2 out of 6 trees with blooms today. That’s at least 2 trees I’ll get nothing from. I have 3 different kinds of trees sonhope the others hold off. Never can I remember early January buds

I had buds in my peach trees mid-January last year and had a good crop. I was surprised.

Comment

It's all in the shift of the earth's magnetic pole. Moving 55km (40 miles) per year toward Siberia. Seasons have also shifted north about the same rate. Al Gore is not happy about this since he didn't approve it. In another 4 to 5 hundred years the equator will be at the mason-dixon line and Panama Canal will be frozen over year round.
      Or---------- it could all start to shift back south as the earth's molten Iron core does the lava lamp thing in which case South Texas will be in another ice age.

FWIW, GPS systems and satellites already have a built in app which upgrades the devices to correct for magnetic north shift.

Peach trees don't give a rats azz.

Comment

Spraying with dormant oil will make them bloom later as well as help with borers.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          Spraying with dormant oil will make them bloom later as well as help with borers.
          When should this be done?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            In another 4 to 5 hundred years the equator will be at the mason-dixon line and Panama Canal will be frozen over year round. Or---------- it could all start to shift back south as the earth's molten Iron core does the lava lamp thing in which case South Texas will be in another ice age.

FWIW, GPS systems and satellites already have a built in app which upgrades the devices to correct for magnetic north shift.
            Given that magnetic poles have no affect on the axial tilt of the planet and that the equator lies on a plane perpendicular to and equidistant from the axial poles, the equator will not change position.

Since satellites don't determine position based upon magnetic north, the only changes would be the magnetic declination listed on maps.
            Last edited by sir shovelhands; 01-12-2019, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Draco. Should I spray my other trees now or prepare for next year. When does this need to be done properly

Comment

Planted 5 fruit trees a few months ago. Grapefruit, lemon, persimmon, and kumquat all took off. My peach shriveled and died. Basically, I’m saying I can’t help you

Comment

I have 30 peach and plum trees . Peach trees are a pain in the ase.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Dormant oil should be applied now. Check with your area nursery to be sure. Glen, your's would be McIntyre's on 2243 the other side of the interstate.

Comment

Dormant oil now will delay blooms but will neuter whats blooming or a day or two from popping. Not a bad gamble if you want fruit. Blooming usually occurs over 3-4 weeks, and by spraying, you could delay more than 50 pct by around a month.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Walking around in yard and I have 2 out of 6 trees with blooms today. That’s at least 2 trees I’ll get nothing from. I have 3 different kinds of trees sonhope the others hold off. Never can I remember early January buds
                        My mom has about 15 huge peach trees. She has this issue off and on over the last 25 years.

I'll have to look into the dormant oil thing.

Comment

How are ya’lls trees doing? Mine blossomed in early Jan, and is covered in peaches. Few more weeks of sun, and we’ll be picking.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            wat

Comment

So what’s the problem with the blooms in January? Is it too early and the likelihood of a freeze killing them before the fruit ripens more likely?

Comment

Working...
                              X