Thoughts on new lease rule??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on new lease rule??

We have a new lease rule (from landowner) that restricts our off season work / feed trips to one weekend a month. Protein feeding is mandatory and if work / feeding needs to be done then it must fall on one of those weekends. If you cannot make those weekends then you must have someone feed / work for you.

It really doesn't bother me since I will maybe only need 2 trips in the off season to fill protein but some of the guys have reached out with concerns about it.

Anyone have a rule similar? Would be curious to hear about how well it has worked out.

Go!

I don't like it at all, If I'm paying for a year long lease that means year long access. I want to be able to take advantage of opportunities when they are available with work/family schedules

Comment

I would not like it, but you said it does not bother you. Why worry about it if it does not bother you?

Comment

His land, his rules. That one blows!! I bet y’all have more of those type rules coming. Maybe time to look elsewhere.

Comment

yeah I wouldn't be happy with that rule, year round access is year round access

Comment

Since LO cut the time you can spend off season, I bet he didn’t cut the amount you pay for the year.

Comment

We have that, but knew it upfront. And, if we call and ask, he is always fine with it. The one per month though for us is only Feb, June, July and August.

Comment

I wouldn’t like it. Sounds like the landowner doesn’t want to see y’all anymore that he absolutely has to

Comment

do you have exotics or an abundance of hogs?

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    What Sharpstick is trying to say "he's probably trying to day lease if you guys have either of the critters mentioned above"

Sounds like he want's to minimize yall's traffic in the off season for some reason. Stinks and how I would react would depend on the usage in the offseason. Do you actively hunt hogs or turkeys or exotics if there are any? Run out there with family to get away during the summer? Etc..

End of the day his land and his rules but maybe ask for if there is any leeway because the new rule makes a previous rule much harder to comply with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      I would not like it, but you said it does not bother you. Why worry about it if it does not bother you?
                      Not worried at all.

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      Since LO cut the time you can spend off season, I bet he didn’t cut the amount you pay for the year.
                      Sure didn't

Exotics but cannot hunt them in off season.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, he might be doing some exotic or hog hunts on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          What Sharpstick is trying to say "he's probably trying to day lease if you guys have either of the critters mentioned above"

Sounds like he want's to minimize yall's traffic in the off season for some reason. Stinks and how I would react would depend on the usage in the offseason. Do you actively hunt hogs or turkeys or exotics if there are any? Run out there with family to get away during the summer? Etc..

End of the day his land and his rules but maybe ask for if there is any leeway because the new rule makes a previous rule much harder to comply with.
                          He has run a few hunts each summer but has for years. It was never a secret. We shoot them in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                            Exotics but cannot hunt them in off season.
                            Hopefully its not the case but this year might have turned into You guys can't hunt them in the offseason

Is he designating certain weekends for these trips or requiring X amount of time to give him a heads up? Do/can yall run cameras during the offseason?

Comment

It’s part of not owning. We had our rules changed drastically too. Stayed do to the good hunting. Good place are hard to find. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X