X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on non-full sized concealed carry guns

1. I’m not looking for a caliber argument. .380 and up will do
    2. DA/SA semi auto
    3. Pocket carry...slacks or sport coat pocket. IWB is challenging because I wear slacks or suits to work, with a tucked-in shirt, and my build doesn’t fill a larger set of pants.
    4. Don’t like my pinky hanging off the grip
    5. Don’t like my pinky hanging off the grip
    6. Don’t like my pinky hanging off the grip

I love my full sized HK P30, but it’s a little too big for me for EDC given my wardrobe.

My current concealed is a Sig P232 (3.6”L, 1.2”W, 4.7”H), but I’d prefer a push button mag release rather than the European heel release. Is there anything that’s a little less bulky, but also of similar dimensions and not DAO? And did I mention I don’t like my pinky hanging off the grip?

I filed my mag down for a lower profile on my DB9 mm...I dont mind my pinky dangle...its got good clinger capabilities.

Ive pocketed a crap ton of pistols...most profile real bad excepts LCPs...and being pinky dangle is a major hangup for you...Id suggest a SW .38 hammerless. I dont carry one because the handle thickness profiles a bit more than I prefer. Ive been scheming on sliming one down from the stock rubber grips.

Good luck on the pistol hunt MrDimmit

Comment

Sig P365XL. It’s an excellent soft shooting, accurate gun that’s easily concealable and your pinky will fit. Even a regular P365 will do that with the 15 round magazines.

Comment

Hellcat with the extended mag would solve the pinky problem. Pocket carry is where you run into issues. Anybody can see a pistol in slacks pocket. Maybe a belly and would work better but I’ve always been leery of how long it would take you to get the tool out.

Comment

P365 with 12 rd mag.

Comment

Glock 43x. shield arms 15 round mags

Comment

No pinky issue with the XDS extended mag.

Comment

I pocket carry a P365 with the 12 round mag every day. No one has ever mentioned noticing it. I wear jeans but I think slacks would hide it better. Pick a good pocket holster and it just looks like a wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would say 365 or hellcat, but they are not da/sa. If you gotta have da/sa, maybe an xde would work. All those seem big for pocket carry to me though, when i think pocket carry i think LCP, but IDK about your pinky, maybe it would be ok with the extension and the LCP is also not da/sa. Those are where i would start though

Comment

I’ve tried pocket carry with several of the ones mentioned here. Most show too much in slacks. I have to carry a S&W shield or a sig p238 right pocket and an extra mag left pocket.

Comment

I pocket carry a Ruger SP 101 with Hogue rubber grips, the pinky don't dangle but it is a bit crowded. Get a sticky pocket holster and it won't print at all. I shoot 145 grain Silvertips in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        P365 with 12 rd mag.
                        x2

I carry mine in a holster when i'm at work with the 12rd. At church, I put the 10rd and pocket carry.

Comment

I’m a fan of the sig 365 xl or 365

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post
                            Glock 43x. shield arms 15 round mags

This ~ best rig I’ve carried in years.

Comment

shoot the Sig p365xl and you will look no further. conceals easily and shoots great.

Comment

Working...
                              X