Bowtech explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtech explosion

My insanity cpx grenaded on me this morning at full draw. Who else has had this happen?

I was shooting at banana bend last weekend and one of the guys was shooting a Bowtech Experience I think was the model and it did the same thing

Comment

I've got an old Diamond (single cam bowtech) with a hairline crack in the limb. That's why it's on the wall, untouched, for several years now.

Comment

Heat is not a friend to laminated limbs. Too many guys put their bows in the back of the truck or store them haphazardly. Not saying you did this, but many do and then cry foul. Leave an acoustic guitar in a hot car and see what happens.

Comment

Classic blowtech

Comment

I had an invasion do the same...

Comment

Gonna put a date on myself but I had a brand new PSE Mach Flite 4 explode on me riser broke after about the fifth shot upper cam to the head and lower to the groin 80 pounder I still cringe slightly just before my cam breaks over and that was a pretty good while ago

Comment

All manufacturers who build bows that excel in speed have issues with limbs, split limbs especially. Technology will catch up. Durability will soon be equal to speed.

Comment

I had a black ice do that same thing. Very bad customer service after that trying to get replacement limbs. No more bow tech for me.

Comment

Wasn't left in the heat and these limbs are only about a month old.

Comment

Guy I work with just told me his prodigy did that last week

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                        All manufacturers who build bows that excel in speed have issues with limbs, split limbs especially. Technology will catch up. Durability will soon be equal to speed.

This is the most accurate answer to this thread..
                        I've had 4 BOWTECH ' S and have never had a problem

Comment

I've always been a bowtech guy this isn't my first so it's not a knock on bowtech, just upsetting.

Comment

Bows don't blow up. People blow up bows.

Comment

1 more reason I shoot a heavy arrow.. Easier on my limbs.
                              I've owned a bunch of bows over the years and have never had a problem with limbs.. I'm Shooting a 4 year old "Insanity CPXL" now.. No problems after thousands of shots..

Comment

Working...
                              X