Shower Thought... Death Disclosure on Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shower Thought... Death Disclosure on Property

I was thinking about past ranches that I have hunted on and started looking at google earth to find them. One of my favorite that I spent a number of years on was sold and now has been completely divided into 100 ranches.

During my time on the lease. We had a guy die of a heart attack while dragging a buck up out of a creek bed. We had to get the sheriff and coroner out there.

But, did/do the people who now have a house about 50 yards from where he died know that there was a death on that property?

I now that we can not account for all the deaths over the years but this one was for sure within the paperwork time frame.

Not that it matters just a thought...

What? Why?

Comment

The fundamental fact to live on planet Earth something else must die. It has been so for more than 600 million years. No animal, from an amoeba to the girl next door, can exist without making a mark upon this planet. Dealing death is the business of life

Comment

Doubt it

Comment

Not required to report a death in a home prior to sale unless it was a murder. I imagine it’s the same for a land sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            Not required to report a death in a home prior to sale unless it was a murder. I imagine it’s the same for a land sale.
            Not just murder. Must disclose death due to dangerous condition of the property. Like creek beds resulting in cardiac arrest.

Comment

On our old family ranch in Menard County a family was massacred by the in Indians. They were buried on a cemetery on the ranch.

Comment

Why??? There have been millions of native American deaths all over the land everywhere. Just part of or existence.

Comment

This house had 2 deaths in it. It was in the disclosure............

Comment

Outlaw Billy Ray Fartknocker was gun downed on my subdivision lot in 1887 by Sheriff Coltrane DeRosco. it was not on my disclosure though and I still bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Outlaw Billy Ray Fartknocker was gun downed on my subdivision lot in 1887 by Sheriff Coltrane DeRosco. it was not on my disclosure though and I still bought it.
                      You should sue! That ghost will ruin your property value. Maybe go to the appraisal district and get those taxes lowered bit.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        What? Why?
                        Oh, the irony. Of all people to question the "what" and "why" of a thread!

I am still waiting on the results of your survey on mowing lawns/yards and what you learned from it and how it changed your life.

For the record, I thought this was a strange thread also.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          You should sue! That ghost will ruin your property value. Maybe go to the appraisal district and get those taxes lowered bit.

I thought about it..... but the museum I have built in the backyard might get me zoned and taxed commercial when they see the money I make off it....

Comment

When we were house hunting we found a good looking house for a very low price. It had just been repainted on the inside. The realtor disclosed a man had taken his own life in the house. When we asked how it was done we got a one word description from the realtor - HORRIBLE. Needless to say we passed on that house. I suspect there was a reason the inside had to be repainted and new carpet put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Life’s tough for a man with such a name

Comment

Working...
                              X