No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Apps are in.. Stoked to hopefully hunt elk in September.. We should have 80-100% chance of drawing if the point creep continues like it has the last 3-4 years.

Comment

Looks like I'll just be putting in for a PP in Colorado. That will take me to 8 for elk and mule deer. Don't know where to spend those suckers at. I need to do some homework. Any suggestions?

As for this year, my brother and I are eyeing a piece of private land that we can get over the counter tags for in Unit 40.

Comment

Purchased my PP today but will still hunt OTC this year.

Comment

Any takers on what day in April you think the New Mexico Draw Results will be posted!?!? [emoji120][emoji102][emoji51]

Comment

should be around the 25th

Comment

17th, will be early. Limited distractions this year

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post

I’m hoping with all this craziness everyone forgets to put in for goat and sheep in Colorado lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waiting.................

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    I’m hoping with all this craziness everyone forgets to put in for goat and sheep in Colorado lol

And WY, Idaho and Utah!!!!

I could handle three sheep, 2 goat and atleast 2 moose tags

Comment

Just think if it was the old check system!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post

If they shut down the office, like they did here in Texas it might be May....

Comment

Looking for advice from the group. I went on my first elk hunt last September and was very lucky to harvest a bull of a lifetime! I learned a ton over my week in New Mexico and hope to return this fall. One big mistake I made was using a single pin sight. I prefer the single pin sight and will still use for whitetail hunting but wanted to see what sight you all prefer for elk hunting. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sheltonsykes View Post
                            Looking for advice from the group. I went on my first elk hunt last September and was very lucky to harvest a bull of a lifetime! I learned a ton over my week in New Mexico and hope to return this fall. One big mistake I made was using a single pin sight. I prefer the single pin sight and will still use for whitetail hunting but wanted to see what sight you all prefer for elk hunting. Thanks!

It’s not if but when a single pin will **** you. Even whitetail hunting. I run a 4 pin slider. I’m good 20-50 and my bottom pin is my floater.

Comment

It’s not if but when a single pin will **** you. Even whitetail hunting. I run a 4 pin slider. I’m good 20-50 and my bottom pin is my floater.

This is what I run. 4 pin slider.. I screwed myself trying to spot and stalk with a single pin..

I got my stuff sent in for an Elk point .. I should draw mule deer this year in the Otc unit I hunt elk in..

Comment

Originally posted by TGoody View Post
                                If they shut down the office, like they did here in Texas it might be May....
                                It’s outsourced to Software company. I highly doubt that majority(software company) didn’t work remote before this

Comment

Working...
                                X