Binoculars or Spotting Scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cheap spotter is not much of an asset in the backcountry
    Spend the spotter money on a tripod and upgraded bino’s.

If archery season I wouldn’t worry about either

Comment

Bino's. I have decent quality of both, but find I rarely carry my spotter in. This year I am upgrading bino's to the best money can buy. I'll probably never buy another spotter again.

Comment

I got a nice pair of Vortex 12x50 to use in Wyoming next fall. Can't imagine needing too much more

Comment

The 3 times I've gone, I've carried my spotting scope but not used. I bought an adapter where I can connect my binos to my tripod and found it more useful. It was easier on the eyes also as I did not feel like Popeye at the end of the day.

Comment

Best binos you can afford, and get a good tripod for them. You'll glass longer if you put them on a tripod.

I wound up with Nikon Monarch HG's in 10x42 because I couldn't afford the swaro's. I haven't regretted it yet.

Comment

what is a good tripod for binoculars? preferably affordable vs. the $200 on gohunt.com

Comment

200 pretty cheap.

Vanguard has a few combo model that are a little cheaper but not much. Make sure you have enough elevation adjustment to stand and glass

Comment

I don't carry either, just something else to carry.

Comment

Binoculars or Spotting Scope

Originally posted by smende1 View Post
                    what is a good tripod for binoculars? preferably affordable vs. the $200 on gohunt.com

The Slik tripods are good entry level. Not ultralight but they will get the job done.

I prefer smaller 8x30 binos for archery elk and will carry either a Leupold compact spotter or 15x Binos depending on if I have a Muley tag as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sandhillhunter View Post

I prefer smaller 8x30 binos for archery elk and will carry either a Leupold compact spotter or 15x Binos depending on if I have a Muley tag as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I kind of agree, I usually carry 8x in the pines but keep the objective a little larger usually 42 to gather a little more light in the low light.

Comment

Good set of Binos 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpyfoot View Post
                          Thanks. I'm thinking the binos myself, I just don't know what to expect in the mountains, and I want to make sure I do my homework.

I'll be hunting in the Gunnison Basin, at 10,000 ft. elevation, GMU #54.
                          Edit: didn't realize how old this post is.
                          Last edited by WItoTX; 05-06-2020, 04:36 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Good info. Ive wondered the same as Grumpyfoot. Thanks to those who volunteered experience.

Grumpyfoot...FYI...Gunnison County has issued an order telling all non-residents...including absentee PROPERTY OWNERS...not to come to Gunnison until told otherwise. Theyve turned Texans who are CO property owners away at the airport. “Go home and dont come back”. Gunni has no ICU capabilities at the hospital.

Comment

Binos>Spotters

Comment

Working...
                              X