No announcement yet.

Thoughts on new lease rule??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're not hunting or using it as a get-a-way in the of season then it doesn't matter. Not unless he's poaching.

Did you sign an entire new lease agreement?

Comment

I would be setting up a couple cameras near the skinning rack for the offseason. Sounds like he's about to start selling some exotic hunts.

Comment

I could see just one weekend a month to keep people from homesteading, but a specific weekend each month wouldn’t work.
        Being a shift worker my schedule is a wreck as it is, trying to coordinate a specific weekend would add to my mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a season lease, with a land owner who is willing to let you come out and work/maintain in the off season

Comment

I wouldn’t like it!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I wouldn’t like it. Sounds like the landowner doesn’t want to see y’all anymore that he absolutely has to
              Sounds like lo wants to sell day hunts when u aren't there.

Comment

Time to set up cameras to verify whether or not he's double dipping on your hunting rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                  He has run a few hunts each summer but has for years. It was never a secret. We shoot them in the fall.
                  If that is the case I guess the day hunters are starting to become more of a value to him then the lease hunters? Does he do a bunch of off season hunts or just a few? Noticed a increase over the last couple of years?

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                    Sounds like lo wants to sell day hunts when u aren't there.
                    If lease is only for Whitetails then doesn’t really matter. I’d be happy he is getting rid of some of the competition, that we couldn’t hunt anyway

Comment

Depends if you stay 4-5hrs from the lease once a month might work for some but i stay 1-2hrs i would want to go more than once a month. Any exotics turkey and hogs on the place im going more than once a month. Why would someone pay full price for less than full access?

Comment

Most of my dads life and until my late teens we had a lease with access only during deer season. Never bothered us as this was all we really knew. There was no funny business going on in the off season, that's just how it was. We also paid a lot less than today's prices. Now that I have a lease with year round access I absolutely take full advantage and go camping with the kids and wife every weekend possible. However, with the price I pay it was made known up front that year round meant year round meant just that. Sounds like you still have that, just a little more limited. If the price is still good, I dont see too much of a problem with it bcuz there is likely someone else out there willing to pay it! Just my thoughts!

Comment

Our contract is a season lease and we lose unrestricted access when hunting season is not open... Rancher is very flexible on access in the off season tho. We just have to let them know if any of us are going to be on the ranch... I've had many leases over the years and for the most part, these old ranchers out west want your money, but they'd just as soon they never saw you.... The land owners where we are now, are really first class and they seem to enjoy sharing all their bounty with us. ...best leasing experience I've ever had! I plan to stay put!

Comment

I'd be pointing at the contract unless it was new. If you've got it signed for this year and this happens to be a rule change, I'd tell him a contract goes both ways.

I only go to the lease once a month, but I want to be able to dictate what weekend it is. And then in season, I want to be able to hunt when I want on my terms.

Good luck, OP.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I wouldn’t like it. Sounds like the landowner doesn’t want to see y’all anymore that he absolutely has to
                              Look at it from the other side

Say you are the landowner and EVERY weekend last year there was someone on your place. Would be OK with that?

Maybe him and the missus like to skinny dip in the tank and someone being there every weekend has been keeping them from doing so

If I owned land and leased it out you can bet I don't want to see a constant parade of folks year round coming and going.

Simple solution if you want unrestriced year round access is to buy your own place.
                              Otherwise there will always be someone else's rules to abide by

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                Look at it from the other side

Say you are the landowner and EVERY weekend last year there was someone on your place. Would be OK with that?

Maybe him and the missus like to skinny dip in the tank and someone being there every weekend has been keeping them from doing so

If I owned land and leased it out you can bet I don't want to see a constant parade of folks year round coming and going.

Simple solution if you want unrestriced year round access is to buy your own place.
                                Otherwise there will always be someone else's rules to abide by

I agree. I didn’t say the landowner was wrong for making the rule. I’d probably have a similar rule if I leased out my private property

Comment

Working...
                                X