257 Weatherby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
    Hate to bust the bubble, but 60 grains of Varget behind a 110 vmax in the fuddy ought six will do 3500... I’ve done it myself
    I can run an 80gr TTSx to almost 4000.....yaaa
    Last edited by Texans42; 02-04-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Any of you guys pushing a 100 gr ttsx to 3600 fps? If so how are they performing on deer and pig sized critters?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        Been going down this rabbit hole all day for potential switch lug Barrel. How does that 80 gr bullet fair on game?

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
          I shoot Accubonds in mine, but I’ve been wanting to try out the Berger 115s.

Those of you that shoot the Bergers in the 257, how do you like them for deer and pigs?
          Killed a good sized boar just a bit over 100 yards-- just behind the ear and the 115 VLD did exactly as designed.

3" of penetration and then explosive expansion-- no exit, but the expanding bullet hit and DEMOLISHED the spinal cord. To the point that I was able to cut the head straight off with a pocket knife, no twisting or breaking vertebrae at all.

He dropped and never moved.

Comment

Man I had major jacket issues at those speeds, had bullets blowing up on a pronghorn and whitetail. Cratering hide and muscle with no penetration into vitals.

Dropped down to 3380 and no issues, I may of had a bad batch.

Nonetheless my favorite bullet in the Roy
            Could've been the batch... I ran the 115s at 3400 through my 7.5 twist-- which results in a significant RPM and had no blow ups and they bang flopped a big pig.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              257 is dang impressive but quick loads shows 131s pushing almost 80,000 psi at 3400.
              Guys are running them up over 3200 from 25saums and PRCs.

Does QL have all the 131 measurements? Im assuming there is something missing from boattail and bearing surface measurements? Those are the key to their pressure reduction, similar to the hammers.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                Been going down this rabbit hole all day for potential switch lug Barrel. How does that 80 gr bullet fair on game?

Ttsx works much better then the TSX, but both are great on game <400. If you are going to stretch it past that, go VLD route. I killed a lot of critters with 80gr tts , the Hold hair to 370 was nice but they really fell off energy wise after that. The 100 TSX while killed fine never truly gave the hand of God thump like vld’s,

With the Barnes hotter you get them more they foul,

I killed a mule deer this year w/vld and had 70% weight retention w/impact velocity around 3000ft/s. And that’s after a good 8 plus inches of spine cord.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                  Could've been the batch... I ran the 115s at 3400 through my 7.5 twist-- which results in a significant RPM and had no blow ups and they bang flopped a big pig.
                  Very well could of been. At this point these shot so well past 300 I hate to mess with it

Comment

Hate to bust the bubble, but 60 grains of Varget behind a 110 vmax in the fuddy ought six will do 3500... I’ve done it myself
                    Funny that you mention that. When I got my 257 Roy I was telling my father in law about it. I told him about the speed on the 110 Accubonds and he said “that’s nothing special, my book says I can get a 110 going that fast with my 30-06.” Lol

Comment

See 110 grains

Comment

With what a 40” barrel? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

See 110 grains
                          No I shall it whole point was not apples to apples, unless you are just bragging speed..... and if you case is speed, let’s talk 4k

A 30 cal 110 and a 25 cal 110 are way different animals, only thing they have in common is weight.. that’s it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            With what a 40” barrel? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            24” Thompson Center Venture

Comment

Working...
                            X