X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info
    Originally posted by wytex View Post
    Do you have any PP for Wyoming ?
    The Eastern side is where you can draw with 0 PP, mostly private land.

If you have PP an outfitter is not needed, you can really do a 0 PP area without one too.

I don't want to speak badly on all outfitters but I do know many take multitudes of 12 inch bucks, and under , and pass them off as nice mature bucks. They are not usually, they are just young bucks. Always exceptions to that though.
    Not all fall into this category but we see it all the time. You can find a 12 inch buck without much work at all in any area.
    Make 15" your goal and let them know this.

82" is minimum for B&C book, 80" makes awards.

Find one with many acres to hunt, up here that is more than 10,000.

Our public land hunting in most areas is great, just accrue some PP and come up for a DIY hunt if you can. Areas without the "difficult access" , and some with it, are good hunting. You avoid opening week and you will not have pressure issues. Antelope are literally everywhere, below the mountains.

I would choose to fish before shooting PDs but that's just me, spawning trout are a blast to catch.

And, wait to apply til after this winter is over and we get the population numbers and season quotas.
    Winter kill may be an issue in some areas. We'll have a good idea by April.

Comment

Following-- I don't have any PP anywhere. Was thinking Wyoming myself, what are the odds of getting drawn without any PP there? I'm looking at Thomas Ranch Outfitters...

Thanks in advance

Comment

Most states don’t grow them near as big as far west Texas and New Mexico. I killed an 82.5” one in New Mexico. It was incredibly easy too lol. Saw a bunch that big. 4 of us killed book goats in the first evening. No I won’t give the location or outfitter lol. Yes it’s not as pretty as Wyoming but I went for the trophy.

Comment

WY has twice as many BC entries as N.M.

Drawing a tag in WY is easier, but if you have the coin their are some premium land owner tags on well managed NM ranches that won’t disappoint.

If you truly want to chase trophy pronghorn w/out a guide, you need to approach the state draws in a similar fashion as you would mule deer. Top picks would be top units in AZ, NM, CO and WY.

I have a whole herd on my wall, they are fun to hunt

Comment

I'm hunting with G3 in new mex this year. Private land. The guy who invited me has hunted with them all over. I'm told upper 70s are abundant.

We'll see

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Bisch;14642704]I went on my first pronghorn bowhunt this season. We used Werner Ranch, which is about an hour NE of Douglas, WY. There were 6 guys in camp, and everyone got one.

I would hunt with them again!!!!

Bisch

I’ve not heard any bad reviews of these folks. Haven’t been outfitted for goats since my first one, but if I needed to, Werner would probably be my no. 1 to contact.

Comment

Just stay in Texas and go with JJ matt here on TBH. Wife and I had a blast with Matt and were treated like family. His property had some fine goats and very comfortable accommodations.

Comment

Hunted unit 48 in 2011, self guided, 4 knuckleheads from East Texas. We all had very cool bucks in 3 days...

It’s a %#^* long drive but fine country

Comment

Talked with a guy I know yesterday, he hunted on 10,000 private acres near gillette, $500 trespass fee he killed a nice buck and 2 does, could have gotten more does but didn't want to. His buddy killed the same.

Comment

nice goats in TX but cool country to drive through / look at in WY.
                      I did 333 north of Buffalo, Wyoming back several years ago. Nice 80ish" archery goat. I would recommend / go with again them again. Craig (owner) has since passed but hear good things about the new owner.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X