Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stoping the closing of the flounder run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoping the closing of the flounder run.

Y'all can help let Texas Parks and wildlife know what you think.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

done

Comment

Done

Comment

Revenue lost to La.

Comment

Done

Comment

done

Comment

I realize that this is not going to be a popular opinion here, but if flounder populations are declining, shouldn't we do what we can to help boost their numbers back to historical levels?

Comment

Done. Commercial flounder take and bycatch is a much greater problem.

Comment

in my opinion with current regulations flounder are rebounding now

Comment

A little late to the party

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Won't do a dang bit of good to "let 'em know what you think"... They've already made up their minds and will do what they want... public opinion and science be dammmm'd. Just look at their recent past history of similar "proposed" changes to the regs...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Won't do a dang bit of good to "let 'em know what you think"... They've already made up their minds and will do what they want... public opinion and science be dammmm'd. Just look at their recent past history of similar "proposed" changes to the regs...

Unfortunately I think this is probably true about a lot of things government related. It’s all a song and dance to make us feel like we have a say so in things. Can’t hurt to let your opinion known but probably won’t help either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          Done. Commercial flounder take and bycatch is a much greater problem.

Everyone says that but the buyback Fin license program says other wise.

“Only 81 active license holders in the commercial fishery that report flounder landings in 2019”
                          The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is asking for input on regulations for southern flounder, a species that has been steadily declining in population for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Yup...

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              Everyone says that but the buyback Fin license program says other wise.

“Only 81 active license holders in the commercial fishery that report flounder landings in 2019”
                              https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/new...bfbda2825.html
                              How about all the little flounder that are killed by shrimp nets. Crazy how many they kill. Killing tiny flounder by the thousands is a much bigger problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X