Newton, Jasper, Orange and Jefferson county kill pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    Wow!! What a deer!! Newton co producing some studs.

We have killed a 142, 139, 133, 114 & 107. All 5 or older. I’ll try and post pics if I can. Nothing too impressive. Still a year or two off from your caliber of deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would beg to differ. All of those are impressive. Its the age, not necessarily the antler size. A deer that is older than 3 is usually a Ghost, a much different animal. Cant wait to see pics. Congrats by the way. Just FYI, we have been at it for over 10years and we don't always get our deer, sometimes someone else does. But that's what its about.
    Congrats, sounds like yall got a good lease.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      I would beg to differ. All of those are impressive. Its the age, not necessarily the antler size. A deer that is older than 3 is usually a Ghost, a much different animal. Cant wait to see pics. Congrats by the way. Just FYI, we have been at it for over 10years and we don't always get our deer, sometimes someone else does. But that's what its about.

Congrats, sounds like yall got a good lease.

It’s just big. Our numbers are still real low. We estimated around 1 deer per 70 acres last year. We are definitely improving on that after low harvest in 2018 and 27 coyotes, trapped and killed over the last year.

I totally agree on the age is a trophy. Didn’t mean to short change them. I’ll try and get the pics together.

Comment

It’s just big. Our numbers are still real low. We estimated around 1 deer per 70 acres last year. We are definitely improving on that after low harvest in 2018 and 27 coyotes, trapped and killed over the last year.

I totally agree on the age is a trophy. Didn’t mean to short change them. I’ll try and get the pics together.

Coyotes can impact a herd negatively, 27 that's a lot. Now the TPWD has introduces Black Bear to SETX, wonderful. Cant wait to see those pics.

Comment

Coyotes can impact a herd negatively, 27 that's a lot. Now the TPWD has introduces Black Bear to SETX, wonderful. Cant wait to see those pics.

It was more so the 90+ members on 7k acres for 40 years that got us first but the coyotes were certainly not helping us in the rebound. We are on year two of the rebuild and yr 3 since it was hunted legally lol

Comment

90 That's close.

Comment

Saw these on fb earlier, from newton county

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

When did that happen mr. Calvin? First I've heard about em releasing black bear around here

Comment

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
                  When did that happen mr. Calvin? First I've heard about em releasing black bear around here

They put a sign on my barn showing a pig and a bear .. it said know your target and had some stuff about how shooting bears is illegal..
                  My place is close to the sabine river..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                    They put a sign on my barn showing a pig and a bear .. it said know your target and had some stuff about how shooting bears is illegal..
                    My place is close to the sabine river..
                    Those signs are in every rural gas station all around Rayburn and Toledo and have been for years. I haven't heard that any one has released bears in many years though.

Comment

Those signs are in every rural gas station all around Rayburn and Toledo and have been for years. I haven't heard that any one has released bears in many years though.

Justin, it was an assumption on my part. TPWD is notorious for doing this, several people I know have reported bear on their leases, all of them close to the Sabine. TPWD have put out signs showing the difference between a hog and a bear, with them doing that indicates an interest of an asset on their part.

BTW I have pictorial evidence.

Comment

Saw these on fb earlier, from newton county

Yessir, got a report it was taken close to Bon Weir. Thanx for the pics Justin

Comment

Yes don’t know which club but I heard 180’s. We are just north of bon weir on the river

Comment

Yes don’t know which club but I heard 180’s. We are just north of bon weir on the river

How’s the movement looking over there? Haven’t been able to make it to the lease in a while. I’m just north of the Bon Wier post office/church

Comment

Pretty good. They are hitting feeders really hard. Pin oaks are still dripping like crazy, not many white oaks. If you have some food, you should have a good late season.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X