Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sevr 2.1 titanium broadhead review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review! I just bought some of these and now I’m wondering if I made a mistake. May just have to use them for hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastexhunt View Post
      Great review! I just bought some of these and now I’m wondering if I made a mistake. May just have to use them for hogs.

I really liked the looks of them until I got my hands on them. I think I will stick with my trypans

Comment

They are a good looking broadhead but with the points you just mentioned....I'm out. Think I'll stick with my Rage Hypo's. Thanks for the info and saving me some money.

Comment

I was excited to try them and ordered a dozen. I used to love the ulmer heads. Was hoping these were the same. I have the same concerns about the cut. Although, I have seen big holes in stuff with several mechanicals and not had as much blood as you would expect. Tons of variables.

Comment

Great review, thanks for posting!!!

Comment

I shot a doe opening morning with the 1.5 Sevr. Had a good hole on both the entry and exit and she only made it about 75 yards. Blood trail was decent but not overly great.

Comment

Good video!

Comment

Sevr 2.1 titanium broadhead review

Not trying to start a great debate but you pointed out an area of concern where the blades are open and the back side, covers the cutting surface. Here’s a pic someone just posted of a Rage and seems to have the same thing basically...is that area sharpened on the Rage? I’m asking cuz I don’t have any. But I do have some of the Sevr 1.5 titanium’s. I shot a 9 point Friday PM, quartered away, through mesh on PopUp. It flew like a dart for the 18 yrd shot and it did not deploy going through the mesh. However, blood trail was not what I expected. But was a short track of maybe 65 yrds. I was wondering about not getting a pass through but it blew through the opposite shoulder just making it through the skin. Figured since he was 205# on the hoof perhaps the it did all it could once it hit solid bone. Has me thinking I may put the Wasp Jak Knife’s back on. I know my arrow would be nearby after torching one of those off.

Comment

some very valid points in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                      Not trying to start a great debate but you pointed out an area of concern where the blades are open and the back side, covers the cutting surface. Here’s a pic someone just posted of a Rage and seems to have the same thing basically...is that area sharpened on the Rage? I’m asking cuz I don’t have any. But I do have some of the Sevr 1.5 titanium’s. I shot a 9 point Friday PM, quartered away, through mesh on PopUp. It flew like a dart for the 18 yrd shot and it did not deploy going through the mesh. However, blood trail was not what I expected. But was a short track of maybe 65 yrds. I was wondering about not getting a pass through but it blew through the opposite shoulder just making it through the skin. Figured since he was 205# on the hoof perhaps the it did all it could once it hit solid bone. Has me thinking I may put the Wasp Jak Knife’s back on. I know my arrow would be nearby after torching one of those off.

That head isn’t fully open in the pic. Here is a trypan fully open.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        That head isn’t fully open in the pic. Here is a trypan fully open.

Well there ya go...thanks for the explanation...I tried to look at the Sevr I shot but it went though he!! Can’t put em in deploy mode due to bent blades. Wasp bound...

Comment

Somebody should put an edge on the sevr wings and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

I didn't watch the broadhead review but I've seen plenty of game go down in sight on my own video with them including a big buck this past weekend. They are a great head, can't imagine what the complaint is. They are an improvement over the Ulmer Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                              I didn't watch the broadhead review but I've seen plenty of game go down in sight on my own video with them including a big buck this past weekend. They are a great head, can't imagine what the complaint is. They are an improvement over the Ulmer Edge.

The problem is deployed the fins cover almost an inch of the blades basically making that entire inch dull. They aren’t a bad head. But I probably won’t shoot them again.

Comment

Working...
                              X