help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Get the fastest internet possible then stream your life away.
    Got internet covered already!

1000Mbps

Comment

Glad I saw this thread. I just got rid of Direct TV on Monday have to try and find a new service looks like Hulu live is in the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
        Another thought. I've tried using my tmobile hotspot as our home internet for the past 2 years. It's flawless, but I live in the big city. I've tested the operation in smaller towns and have mostly positive results. This sums it up: our home is completly wireless (minus electric cords). No more crapy land line service, no more holes drilled in my house, no more contracts, routers, sloppy service men, crappy utilities that crap out when a storm comes up, etc, etc, on and on....
        I wish it were that easy. But cell service and hotspots just do not get good enough signal where we live to rely on this. This was our initial thought before getting SATCOMM internet. No way we could get the download speed to stream.

Thank you for the reply though brother

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
          I wish it were that easy. But cell service and hotspots just do not get good enough signal where we live to rely on this. This was our initial thought before getting SATCOMM internet. No way we could get the download speed to stream.

Thank you for the reply though brother
          No problem. Sorry to hear satellite is the only option. Give it a few years and test my suggestion again... I believe mobile data will be the norm for internet sooner than later.

Comment

What speed internet do you need to stream without issue? I have dish at home but thinking to drop cable and go with hd antenna and dish anywhere app at bayhouse where I think I have 100mb but not positive. Already have Netflix and amazon prime but only the kids use it, I don't know anything about them. Thanks in advance, haven't read all of this thread sorry if already answered.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
              What speed internet do you need to stream without issue? I have dish at home but thinking to drop cable and go with hd antenna and dish anywhere app at bayhouse where I think I have 100mb but not positive. Already have Netflix and amazon prime but only the kids use it, I don't know anything about them. Thanks in advance, haven't read all of this thread sorry if already answered.

I was told 8MB minimum. We are running on a 15MB rural internet connection and have no more buffering than we did on our previous 300MB connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What is the minimum internet download speed to run hulu without all the buffering?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I was told 8MB minimum. We are running on a 15MB rural internet connection and have no more buffering than we did on our previous 300MB connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Thank you

Comment

I found out last nite that not all the UFC fights (like they made it
                    Sound like) are going to be on ESPN plus so I still need live TV

Back to Hulu live

Rick

Comment

Anyone use this. Seems like a good deal.

Check this out at Amazon.com
                      MINIX NEO U9-H + MINIX NEO A3, 64-bit Octa-Core Media Hub for Android [2GB/16GB/4K/HDR/XBMC] and Six-Axis Gyroscope Remote with Voice Input. Sold Directly by MINIX Technology Limited. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X188XKV..._4m0xCbGMMAS8N

Elite 5 app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I gave up satellite TV years ago. I have high speed internet, and use Amazon and Hulu. I had Netflix until they hired both the Obama's and Susan Rice. I might get another streaming service,too, the Hulu is about six bucks a month and the Amazon is about 12.

Comment

For the Astros fans., I know fubo carries them. Any other live streaming apps?

Comment

This week I gave directv and sling another shot. Directv now drove me crazy way too many commercials. Very frustrating.

Sling is better. Little cheaper ( I’m not worried about 5-10 for what I want) but it has no local channels and if you do only one package your missing a lot of channels not to mention they charge for dvr.

So I am going to stay with sling tv live w/ no commercials. I really think its the best as far as features and what you get for the money. The only other one I would consider is YouTube tv which I really liked but was missing my wife’s two main channels like food network and HGTV

Hope this helps you all. I have literally tried them all and still keep coming back to hulu live

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                              Anyone use this. Seems like a good deal.

Check this out at Amazon.com
                              MINIX NEO U9-H + MINIX NEO A3, 64-bit Octa-Core Media Hub for Android [2GB/16GB/4K/HDR/XBMC] and Six-Axis Gyroscope Remote with Voice Input. Sold Directly by MINIX Technology Limited. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X188XKV..._4m0xCbGMMAS8N

Elite 5 app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              What does this Elite 5 have to watch? How does it work?

Comment

Are there any good Hulu original shows?

I have PlayStation Vue but would switch If they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X