Describe my aiming method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the years I have tried it all in terms of aiming. I can shoot instinctive when I am by myself or no stress involved. I have gap shot for years and recently used a fixed crawl. Lately, I have been the most accurate by pulling back, squinting my left, I look down arrow with my right arrow and focus on the spot I want to hit. As far as paying attention to the gap it is more like, "that looks about right." I could not tell you what my gaps are but I just know when it looks right I then expand through my shot. I would call it split vision but was curious what you guys would call it.

I have heard it described as “gapstinctive”.

I do pretty much the same. I don’t squint my left eye, or look down the arrow, but I know that my brain sees the arrow and where it is in relation to the target for any given distance.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I have heard it described as “gapstinctive”.

I do pretty much the same. I don’t squint my left eye, or look down the arrow, but I know that my brain sees the arrow and where it is in relation to the target for any given distance.

Bisch

Pretty much.
      Nothing to add, except "If it works. It works."

Rick

Comment

I use the arrow an an alignment tool but I know i am also conscience of my gap.

Comment

My gaps, if I have them, are totally subconscious! I would not have a clue as to how far under or over my arrow needs to be. When I get to anchor, my pea brain just makes my bow arm adjust till everything is “right”.

Bisch

Comment

My aiming got better since I moved from shooting 1 1/2" spots to 3 1/2" circles on my target box.

I shoot with both eyes open and do check arrow alignment, but don't noticeably gap until out to 30 yards.

Todd

Comment

Working...
            X