King ranch chicken?? ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
    My mom has a good one she puts Doritos crushed up in the bottomn of hers and on too before the cheese. They soften up with all the liquid and dang are they good!
    I call it cream taco

1 cream mushroom (or celery but I don't like it)
    1 cream chicken
    1 can green chilies
    1 bag of doritos (nacho cheese is best, cool ranch are also good)
    either can of chicken or a rotisserie one chopped up
    velveeta or grated cheese (I like velveeta)
    optional that is good is chopped or sliced black olives
    mix everything but chips add a bit of milk if it is too thick

put whole bag of chips in a casserole dish and pour sauce over them. Top with cheese. bake 350 till cheese is all melted. it is GOOOD

Comment

I've had it with the crushed nacho cheese Doritos on the bottom, two thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
        Get you a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Debone and chop or tear meat.

1 can of cream of mushroom
        1 can of cream of chicken
        2 cups of chicken broth
        1 can of rotel
        Large onion chopped and cooked in olive oil until soft
        Two cups of grated cheese...I use the mex blend, use half in mixture and half on top

12 flour tortillas torn up into random sizes

Heat all the ingredients except chicken, tortillas and half of cheese in a pot. Layer tortillas in the bottom of a casserole dish. Put down a layer of chicken. Pour half of soup mixture over the tortillas and chicken. Spread on some cheese. Layer again with other half of tortillas and chicken. Pour in rest of mixture and cover with rest of cheese.

Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes

I made this last night and it was awesome. However, I added Doritos like others have mentioned and I used fried corn tortillas too...

Comment

Now I'm starving! KRC, it's what's for dinner tonight!
          Thanks for sharing

Comment

I made this tonight! Dang goodd and got the wifes approval to make it again, and again, and again.

Get you a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Debone and chop or tear meat.

2 cups of chicken broth
            1 can of rotel
            Two cups of grated cheese...I use the mex blend, use half in mixture and half on top

Heat all the ingredients except chicken, tortillas and half of cheese in a pot. Layer tortillas in the bottom of a casserole dish. Put down a layer of chicken. Pour half of soup mixture over the tortillas and chicken. Spread on some cheese. Layer again with other half of tortillas and chicken. Pour in rest of mixture and cover with rest of cheese.

Comment

2 cups of chicken broth
              1 can of rotel

Now I'm Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                Man, love me some King Ranch Chicken. My mom used to cook it for me it was the bomb. My wife has tried a couple times, not bad but its still not like my mom use to make. I hope she's not reading this or I might be eating at moms alot. But just in case she is " Love you babe".
                Haha

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
                  Now I'm Hungry
                  Man that sounds delicious

Comment

[QUOTE=txpitdog;7224198]My mom made it slightly different but just about the same.

Boil a chicken and save the broth. Shred the chicken meat and set aside. Like the other recipes, 1/2 cup broth, 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can cream of chicken, 1 can rote, and then my mom added chili powder to the soup mix. 12 tortillas torn, 1 white onion diced, 2 bell peppers diced.
                    Layer tortillas, onion, bell pepper, chicken, shredded cheddar two times then pour the soup mix over the whole thing. Makes an overflowing 9x13 casserole.

I don't even eat it with utensils. I just open a bag of Tostitos and get after it![/QUOTE
                    Ttt

Comment

Tostitos Cantina Traditional Best Big name chips I have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by MKH View Post
                        The doritos are the trick! Thats what I use - the nacho cheese ones.
                        Times 2. Awesome stuff the whole family loves it.

Comment

Adjusted just a bit and left out the Chicken Broth. Comes out way to runny for us.

Ingredients:
                          Get you a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s. De-bone and chop or tear meat.
                          1 can of cream of celery
                          1 can of Rotel undrained (This undrained will allow liquid in place of broth)
                          Two cups of grated cheese...I use the Mexican Blend, use half in mixture and half on top
                          12 corn tortillas torn up into random sizes

Instructions:
                          1.Heat all the ingredients except chicken, the tortillas and half of cheese in a pot.

2.Layer tortillas in the bottom of a casserole dish. Put down a layer of chicken.

3.Pour half of soup mixture over the tortillas and chicken.

4.Spread on some cheese. Layer again with other half of tortillas and chicken.

5.Pour in rest of mixture and cover with rest of cheese.

Bake at 325 for 45-60 minutes

Comment

You guys make me HUNGRY!!!!!!

Comment

I chop my chicken into cubes( I am NOT a fan of shredded chicken). Corn tortillas are also cut into cubes. I prefer uniformity in it. Don't want to be trucking along a get a half a tortilla in a bite because someone got lazy. Weird, I know. I use the Rotel Recipe, with a couple modifications. Wife makes it with Doritos and I don't like it near as well, but it's still pretty good. I only use shredded Mexican blend cheese. Velveeta is too overpowering and is good for queso, where it gets to be the star of the show, but nowhere else. JMO. Don't come at me, Velveeta fanboys.

Comment

i was thinking about this this morning. might eat it tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X