• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been in a scrape or two.

Comment

Yep!

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
      I've been in a scrape or two.
      I've been following this OP and a few responses really made me laugh.....

The LAST fight I had was in High School, before most of you were born...graduated 71...so yeah, old fart!!

Like you Pullersboy, those "scrapes" as an LEO were a totally different circumstance as I'm assuming your statement/meaning?

Times have changed...if someone is looking for a fight, does not think about Testosterone vs common sense...these are dangerous times folks! At least for most of us from my generation, "fists" settled most fights but now...blades or gun powder seem to be the norm?

"Walk away if you can, but if not...Stand UP and do what you have to do to protect your family, yourself AND those who can't protect themselves." I still live with this every day of my life...until, perhaps I lose that last fight!!

Comment

won a few lost a few in high school

only one in college..he went to the hospital and I didn't go to jail so I guess I won.

as a LEO I was in several, including two gun fights. All of them went to jail or the hospital and I still didn't go to jail , so I guess I won all of them.

One time we had prolly 20 officers from several agencies working a bunch of bad dog hunters in Lamar Co Al. I was plainclothes and roadblocked one of the fellas we were looking for, bad dude that had been in prison twice. I got out of the car and he was hollering on the CB radio for more help as he threatened me. After my partner ran off the help I told him to get out of the truck. He wouldn't so I grabbed him and drug him out the window and stomped a mud hole in that gravel road with him. Then cuffed him and took him to jail. I was pretty full of myself back then, bullet proof and all that. Lucky I didn't get killed or hurt bad.

I'm 67 now and I'd just shoot ya...

Comment

I am not a tough guy. At 64 you shoot first - fight second.

Probably a hundred.

I have a twin brother and from 3 on we fought. We would have all day fights and fight till both of us were on the ground. My mom called the cops numerous times after we broke 13 because she was sure one of us was going to kill the other. Every time the responding cops laughed and told mom this was normal boy stuff. Well it was 1967.

After that 9 months of Golden Gloves
          After that 9 months of Wrestling
          After that 3 different karate schools in 3 years.
          Broken nose 3 times.

Twin never had a bad word to say to me for the rest of our lives.....

Have not hit or been hit in the face for 40 years.
          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 10-19-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            I am not a tough guy. At 64 you shoot first - fight second.

Probably a hundred.

I have a twin brother and from 3 on we fought. We would have all day fights and fight till both of us were on the ground. My mom called the cops numerous times after we broke 13 because she was sure one of us was going to kill the other. Every time the responding cops laughed and told mom this was normal boy stuff. Well it was 1967.

After that 9 months of Golden Gloves
            After that 9 months of Wrestling
            After that 3 different karate schools in 3 years.
            Broken nose 3 times.

Twin never had a bad word to say to me for the rest of our lives.....

Have not hit or been hit in the face for 40 years.
            This was on the radio as we beat each other dang near to death.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Outside of young boy scuffles, only a couple.
              One of which was a big brawl that got started on the square in San Marcos. A car ran through a red light(slowly) and hit me. I punched the hood and a pile of guys came out swinging thinking they would jump me. A bunch of my buddies who were just up the street came running back and whooped the tar out of those guys. The funniest part was the girls with us that were getting in on the action.

Comment

Well dont know how many.
                Won Well I see my crooked nose each time I shave along with the scars on my chin and lip. My right hand is all stove up from fingers broke and small bones in my hands being broke. Left arm broke.
                But Yep Im a winner.
                Now at 63 I have come to realize that there were no winners.
                But dang it was fun.
                Yes I started a few

Comment

I was quite the scrapper in my younger years.
                  I feel embarrassed when I think about it now.
                  Happy to say I've matured a lot since then.
                  Only been in two fights since I turned 30
                  and I have a clear conscience on those two.
                  They had it coming for sure.
                  Last edited by LovinTxHuntin; 10-19-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    My dad told me, "son, you don't have to fight to be a man". My wife Becky would disagree.
                    Dang Gatlin boys!

Comment

Thanks for not leaving me hanging!
                      Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      Dang Gatlin boys!

Comment

Comment

doesn't really matter, why do you ask?? think you can take me?? haha, may the best dip **** win!! LOL, I used to care about fighting but now, really don't care to size anyone up.

I'm just keep in the best shape possible so I can have a good quality of life as I age.. The stress of conflict doesn't interest me, beware of the guy that thrives on this crap..

Comment

Fightin was against the rules and it didn't matter why

Comment

Originally posted by Txaggie16 View Post

I don't waste the energy. It's not worth it. At least it hasn't been yet!

Where you at? I need some lunch money

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Where you at? I need some lunch money
                                This thread went dead. Everyone's fighting over on Smarts Chili thread I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X