Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    The resharpening looks non clovis but lets see the other side. Show the basal flaking if possible. it does look Paleo.
    Here’s what the other side looks like.
    Attached Files

Comment

I think it is a much resharpened Saint Marys Hall. Cool and very old find.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I think it is a much resharpened Saint Marys Hall. Cool and very old find.
        Don't see that one listed in my book GarGuy. Do you have another source that identifies Texas artifacts? I'd love to have more resources to ID some of the points I find.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
          Here’s what the other side looks like.
          my guess is a heavily reworked Pedernales.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	24535711I know nothing about old heads. But we found these around La Pryor Tx. On the surface, abound 1/4 mile apart of each other. Can any one tell me how old ? What Indians tribe ? Any thing about them. Thanks in advance !

Comment

Tom Green county

This one was found in Tom Green county on an old rocky hill. Any ideas?
              Attached Files

Comment

I’ve got a good one to share. I inherited the below embedded arrowhead. My grandparents were somewhat well off and had a habit of buying items that were sold to them as “museum quality pieces.” Either way this is a cool item but I am skeptical. Anyone have any ideas?

For reference, the vertebra next to the one in question is from a 9 point buck that dressed at 125 lbs. so this is from maybe an elk-sized animal? I’m not really sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  I’ve got a good one to share. I inherited the below embedded arrowhead. My grandparents were somewhat well off and had a habit of buying items that were sold to them as “museum quality pieces.” Either way this is a cool item but I am skeptical. Anyone have any ideas?

For reference, the vertebra next to the one in question is from a 9 point buck that dressed at 125 lbs. so this is from maybe an elk-sized animal? I’m not really sure.

eBay was full of them several years back. I haven’t seen them recently but I haven’t really been looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                    eBay was full of them several years back. I haven’t seen them recently but I haven’t really been looking.
                    Good to know. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Sure enough there is one labeled as a deer vertebrae for a whopping $10.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                      Good to know. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Sure enough there is one labeled as a deer vertebrae for a whopping $10.
                      Beware of "reproductions". This is one of the most popular kind.

Comment

Prob a bison

Comment

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

This FIL’s collection he recently gave me, a few complete points but most are brokes, some pieces of pottery with markings, some type of rock tool that had a small concave spot ground into it and one cool broke pottery pipe.
                          Most of these were found on our place in Longview, one when i was doing dirt work building my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Hix; 04-28-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                            This one was found in Tom Green county on an old rocky hill. Any ideas?
                            Wow, what an awesome piece!
                            Looks like a Gahagan biface.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Mogollon culture area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X