Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alamo Precision rifles?

Hey guys,
    Anybody shooting an Alamo precision? What kinda groups are y’all getting? Are you shooting factory or handloads? I emailed them a while back and they said I could expect 1 inch 100 yard groups with factory ammo. I don’t know if that was just their “safe” answer. My sons $400 Remington 700 will shoot better than that with factory federal ammo. Somebody convince me to buy one.

I’ve got 2...one in .260 Rem and 6.5PRC. Both are absolute tack drivers. .260 is a bench gun. I’ve shot multiple 3 shot groups that touch at 100 yards. The 6.5 has killed everything I’ve pointed it at, including 5 pigs today.

Comment

You must be new here

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by colonel62 View Post
        Hey guys,
        Anybody shooting an Alamo precision? What kinda groups are y’all getting? Are you shooting factory or handloads? I emailed them a while back and they said I could expect 1 inch 100 yard groups with factory ammo. I don’t know if that was just their “safe” answer. My sons $400 Remington 700 will shoot better than that with factory federal ammo. Somebody convince me to buy one.
        Your son’s factory 700 may shoot under an inch, but plenty of them will shoot 3”. A 1” “guarantee” is fairly standard. Nobody is going to represent .25” groups as even with premium barrels not all of them will shoot that well no matter who puts the components together.

There are a ton of positive reports on here about APR and their builds. If they don’t convince you to go with them then stick with the Remingtons.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          You must be new here

I have 3 APR rifles and they all shoot 1/2 moa or better.

Comment

Here is a group out of my 28 nosler at 200 yards. It will shoot better than I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a .25-06 and it is fantastic. I have only used handloads and it shoots .5”-.6” 100 yd, 5-shot groups every time. Shot a pig with it today. Very good craftsmanship from APR. I splurged on one of their rifles and they are nice. But, if you plan to only shoot 100 yds there are also a lot of options that will shoot very well and don’t cost $2,000+ from APR. It’s not a knock against APR, but you just have to match expectations with a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                I have 3 APR rifles and they all shoot 1/2 moa or better.
                Only one at the moment here. Wifes should be done next month

First 3 shots from mine after bore sight. First round on the right after being used to factory triggers my whole life

Comment

Thanks guys. That’s what I wanted to hear. Good luck to everyone this upcoming season.

Comment

I would like one. But I also like to feed my children.

Comment

Alamo Precision rifles?

Go with confidence.
                      I have 4 and they all shoot.

Comment

I have one in .280 Rem. I’m not the best shooter and it shoots an inch or better all day long with handloads.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel62 View Post
                          Hey guys,
                          Yes sir, that is indeed our "safe" answer. I wrote the following a while back in response to a similar question. Hopefully it helps explain why we don't really believe in blanket accuracy guarantees.

About the APR Accuracy Guarantee

When making the decision to purchase a custom rifle from APR, you are assured to receive a rifle built to exacting standards and the tightest tolerances to be held on modern CNC machinery. We pride ourselves on offering what we feel is the most honest guarantee in the industry, not just an unfounded claim to get your business. It’s simple……If you’re not happy, then we’re not happy. We will always stand behind our work! We learned long ago that you can’t simply assign a random number or standard to a collection of components that can vary as widely as the customer’s uses that they were chosen for.

To put it simply, we want the rifle to shoot to its full potential based on the ammo selected and the rifle’s intended use. Build components and ammo choices play a huge role in determining what this performance expectation looks like. The work itself is measured and recorded throughout the entire build process, so it can be quantified and qualified at any point. This guarantees that all work meets the customer’s and APR’s expectations. What we can’t guarantee is that an individual barrel will like a particular bullet, or that an individual barrel will out-perform another of a similar contour and make. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee the performance specs on any ammo that we had no part in manufacturing, the operating condition of a scope that a customer chooses to use, or the customer’s own ability. A blanket guarantee would have the builder assume responsibility for all of these variables that are not part of, or reflected in the actual work performed. It is also a good illustration of why generic accuracy guarantees often fail to be met in practice unless the builder is also responsible for all load development.

What we can and will guarantee is that we will stand behind our products as guided by common sense and realistic expectations based on what the individual rifle should be capable of. By this, we mean it is not reasonable to expect a 6lb sheep rifle chambered in a magnum round to group like a 25lb benchrest rig. Realistically, with factory ammo one should expect sub-moa performance to be the benchmark, as that would define the performance envelope of MOST quality factory ammo. Of course there are some cartridge exceptions that can be expected to do much better. Our rifles usually have no problem achieving this level of accuracy with many factory offerings. Conversely, a well-developed hand-load could reasonably be expected to shoot sub ½ MOA in most cases. Most often they will exceed that by a large margin depending on caliber. If these simple benchmarks are not met, APR will take immediate steps to remedy the issue.

Unfortunately, some chambering options are simply not supported with factory ammo offerings capable of meeting an accuracy guarantee, period. This is especially true with some of the newer proprietary magnum rounds introduced into the market. We will consult with all customers during the build process to advise them of potential risks associated with component and cartridge selections. If customers still choose to take the risks associated with those components and the rifle does not shoot to expectation, we will refer customers to a load development service that will develop a load that meets expectations at customer’s expense. If that service fails to provide satisfactory results, APR will refund customer for this service.

Comment

I love my APRs and you won’t beat the service or the guys anywhere else. All great people and fantastic guns. My 25-06 never leaves the passenger seat of my hunting truck and shoots one hole groups with 110 gr Accubond handloads. Have a 280 AI that they built last year that is an awesome gun too. You can’t go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              You must be new here

This made me laugh

Comment

Working...
                              X