I'm a simple man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
    Diced white onion on the baked tater? Interesting.... May have to try that.

The meat looks good to me, definitely mow down on that meal.
    It's diced white onion and jalapeno. My buddies 10yo son snacks on raw onion slices and eats them on everything, I saw him put some on his baked potato last week while we were hunting so I tried it with some peppers and it was a gamechanger

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      It was about 4.75lbs, slathered it all up with some warm butter and onion soup mix. The recipe says preheat to 500, then 5mins per pound at 500 then turn it off and don't open it for 2 hours. DO NO OPEN!

I lost track of time and left it going for right at 30mins so it cooked just a bit longer than it should have.

I cooked it in my cast iron pan and when I took it out I poured a pack of Au Jus mix in the drippings with a little water, I love those crispy onions from the onion soup mix.

The tater was just oiled up with salt and pepper and I like jalapeno and onion on mine.
      Never tried onion and jalepeno on a tater but you have my attention. Gonna have to give that a shot.

Comment

That’s some good eating right there!

Comment

Amazing

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
            Never tried onion and jalepeno on a tater but you have my attention. Gonna have to give that a shot.
            Yes sir, and I eat the whole thing so I like to put it in the oven at 500 for a few mins and get the skin a little crispy and burned

Comment

Man approves this thread!

Comment

Thanks, Man!

Comment

That looks delicious!

Comment

More details on recipe??

Comment

yum!

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                        More details on recipe??

It was about 4.75lbs, slathered it all up with some warm butter and onion soup mix. The recipe says preheat to 500, then 5mins per pound at 500 then turn it off and don't open it for 2 hours. DO NOT OPEN!

I lost track of time and left it going for right at 30mins so it cooked just a bit longer than it should have.

I cooked it in my cast iron pan and when I took it out I poured a pack of Au Jus mix in the drippings with a little water, I love those crispy onions from the onion soup mix.

The tater was just oiled up with salt and pepper and I like jalapeno and onion on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          It was about 4.75lbs, slathered it all up with some warm butter and onion soup mix. The recipe says preheat to 500, then 5mins per pound at 500 then turn it off and don't open it for 2 hours. DO NOT OPEN!

Did you search first in the skillet or put it straight in the oven

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                            Did you search first in the skillet or put it straight in the oven

Straight in the preheated oven in the skillet. It was close to room temp when I put it in.

Comment

I'm sure there is a size that is too big to cook like this, a bigger one would probably cook the end a little too much. But I'm not positive. Mine and my dad's were both right around 5lbs and it worked great.

Comment

Looks edible to me sir

Comment

Working...
                                X