No announcement yet.

AMMO PRICES and AVAILABILITY - UNBELIEVABLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just remembered that earlier this year I was trying to sell 28 boxes of 7mm-08 Corelokts for $600, and had no takers at all. Right now I’m sure glad that was the case.

Comment

Hoarders and Gougers don't exist only capitalism. You can have price controls for $20 a box 30-30 that never goes up, but it will never be in stock when you need it. No one is entitled to any price staying the same. Ammo will come back down in price I promise you that. The reason is simple production is outstripping long term demand and that mean 2 years from now they won't be able to give away a box of bullets because there is enough on everyone's shelf to last 5 years and no one will need any. Boom $20 a box everything will be back. Now will the Child Sniffer get his way and ban online ammo sales??? Thats another thread lol.
      One more point here, I'm 36, my whole life the old timers told me to buy common calibers and you can always find ammo. "I'm telling you kid you don't want that .220 swift or .264 win mag or 300 savage or .444 marlin those are ******* calibers you will never find ammo for" Luckily I thought for myself ignored old peoples bad advice and bought all the odd ball stuff and mil surp (1909 Argentine anyone?) Now I have an epic ammo and gun stash I paid peanuts for and is worth a small house now. Not to mention I got better ballistics than anyone else long before the long range animal sniper slaughter craze kicked in. Think for yourself in all things and you will be fine.
      Last edited by BigThicket Luke; 11-28-2020, 09:28 AM. Reason: mis spelling caught

Comment

Academy

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
        It’s not just ammo. I’m floored by how empty the firearms section is at Academy as well.

With ammo manufacturing, the demand is there, but the capital requirements, liability, and inability to get funding creates a difficult barrier for entering the market- from this country. To be successful one would have to find a country outside the US for manufacturing and most likely banking.
        I’ve bought several guns over the last couple of months from Academy. I’m amazed at the number of people at the gun counter, and even have helped about ten of them make a decision of what to buy. Seems like a lot of people have never owned a gun before, but because of the way the world is right now, they have decided to buy a gun because they feel they won’t have that chance in a year or so.

Also, at least the stores I’ve been in, they limit you to 2-3 boxes per day on ammo.

Comment

ammoseek.com brother, your welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicket Luke View Post
            Hoarders and Gougers don't exist only capitalism. You can have price controls for $20 a box 30-30 that never goes up, but it will never be in stock when you need it. No one is entitled to any price staying the same. Ammo will come back down in price I promise you that. The reason is simple production is outstripping long term demand and that mean 2 years from now they won't be able to give away a box of bullets because there is enough on everyone's shelf to last 5 years and no one will need any. Boom $20 a box everything will be back. Now will the Child Sniffer get his way and ban online ammo sales??? Thats another thread lol.
            One more point here, I'm 36, my whole life the old timers told me to buy common calibers and you can always find ammo. "I'm telling you kid you don't want that .220 swift or .264 win mag or 300 savage or .444 marlin those are ******* calibers you will never find ammo for" Luckily I thought for myself ignored old peoples bad advice and bought all the odd ball stuff and mil surp (1909 Argentine anyone?) Now I have an epic ammo and gun stash I paid peanuts for and is worth a small house now. Not to mention I got better ballistics than anyone else long before the long range animal sniper slaughter craze kicked in. Think for yourself in all things and you will be fine.

Yea, good thing you invested in old ammo rather than stocks.

Comment

Working...
            X