Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boys scored in Sterling County last week both with crossbow. 13 and 9 points. The 13 we hadn’t seen before. I didn’t score it but prob mid-high 40s. Pretty good for 8 and 5 year olds lol. Creating monsters here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      My boys scored in Sterling County last week both with crossbow. 13 and 9 points. The 13 we hadn’t seen before. I didn’t score it but prob mid-high 40s. Pretty good for 8 and 5 year olds lol. Creating monsters here!

Great deer there! Congrats to y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

Great deer on both counts! Congrats to them! Keep those boys away from my turkeys!

Comment

Congrats to the kiddos!

Comment

Just spent three days near Eldorado. Didn’t see any rut activity

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Great deer on both counts! Congrats to them! Keep those boys away from my turkeys!

I’m so tired of turkey. 130+ of them on one field in Sterling county the other day. May have all the seed eat up before it ever rains again.

Comment

What a week... Had covid come through the family last week, so we cancelled our trip to the family Thanksgiving gathering and decided to quarantine at the ranch a few days. It was the first time for my wife and twin 3 1/2 year olds to go.

First evening we got there about 30 min after the feeders went off. The teens each took a twin while I started working on the clogged sewer. Son #2 Jared had son #4 Kaden and killed a solid 8 point. They were both super happy.

Had to run to Angelo for plumbing parts, but got the broken fitting replaced that was letting roots into the drain.

Slept in the next morning, and took the twins out in the evening after clearing brush and trash all day. Didn’t see anything worth shooting.

Kid #3 Carter woke up about 5:45 this morning wanting a cup of milk. Since he hadn’t been on a successful hunt yet and was already awake, we got dressed and went out.

Feeder went off at 6:30, still way too dark. Wasn’t long before I saw deer shaped shadows. A few more minutes and I could tell two of them were big bodied. A bit longer and I recognized one as a mature 5/6 year old with a tall small rack I had on the cull list. Then the other big one raised his head. What a brute! Had mass, huge spread, and a body like a cow. He ran off the cull, so the decision was easy from that point. It wasn’t until I went to recover it that I realized I’d killed my first typical 10 point. This deer is the third buck in a row that has beat my personal best, and all the better because I was able to share it with Carter.

The future of whether this property stays in the family is still undecided, to be settled this spring. I’m the mean time, we have certainly made the most of it.

Comment

Congrats to everyone

Comment

Congratulations on the nice 10!!

Comment

Y daughter got it done in my top hotlist management deer. “Big John” was his name from the song. He was 5-6” taller than all the other deer, huge head and feet and was a bully. Prob 7+on age

Comment

Finally on the board, it only took 2 months to launch the first arrow. I don’t think the picture does this 8 justice. He came in at 142 3/8

Comment

Congrats, Jason Fry on a good family hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Y daughter got it done in my top hotlist management deer. “Big John” was his name from the song. He was 5-6” taller than all the other deer, huge head and feet and was a bully. Prob 7+on age
                            Congrats again, Hallie. You did good.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post

Finally on the board, it only took 2 months to launch the first arrow. I don’t think the picture does this 8 justice. He came in at 142 3/8
                              Awesome 8!!!!
                              I’m a fan of Big 8’s. Congrats, Man...I like those brows as well.

Comment

Awesome 8 Fireman

Comment

Working...
                                X