No announcement yet.

Sonora / Sutton County 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis are unpredictable on our place, there one day and gone the next. I don't think we have the graze they need so its likely they are just passing through.

Comment

Anyone have any luck so far? We sat this past weekend and only saw young bucks and bunch of does. Was very slow weekend for sure for us.

Comment

Going for the first time next week. Leaving Thursday or Friday. Looking forward to getting away. Hope the activity picks up.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
          Anyone have any luck so far? We sat this past weekend and only saw young bucks and bunch of does. Was very slow weekend for sure for us.
          Hunted last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Saw lots of deer but no shooters. saw two young studs but they need 2 more years for sure. Planning on going back up after Thanksgiving.

Comment

I hunt about 20 miles east of Sonora, anyone seeing signs of rut? Just returned from a week there, we saw lots of deer, more decent bucks than previous years. Super dry and deer are on hand corn almost as soon as you throw it out. Most bucks were still in groups, only saw one buck that was chasing. Going back right after TG and am staying til a couple days before xmas.

Comment

Same here. Got in Thursday night, hunted all day today. From what I saw today and looking at the cameras I have out, the bucks are all still grouped up. I did not notice anything chasing. Numbers are still not like they were but I will say todays card checks of the cameras made me more excited than I have been in a while. Lots of improvement in numbers and different groups as well all over the ranch! Anyone else out this weekend?

Comment

We got here yesterday. This one walked in late and decided to take him. Opening weekend was super slow but they seemed to move yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Headed West just as soon as my food settles Thursday Afternoon, looking forward to a few more sits. Last trip I passed on some good bucks, might not this time.

Comment

I'm headed down on saturday, gonna stay for about 3 weeks, i love december at the lease!!

Comment

Lease

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                        I'm headed down on saturday, gonna stay for about 3 weeks, i love december at the lease!!
                        Amen to that. I hope to be about a week behind ya!

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                          We got here yesterday. This one walked in late and decided to take him. Opening weekend was super slow but they seemed to move yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Congrats!

Comment

I got a nice fat axis doe yesterday afternoon off of Bond Rd.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ol fatty. Sure she will eat good!!

Comment

Wish this fog would lift. Lol. Nice axis doe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X