Clear All

Take a guess..................
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1067 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	24637383

Comment

Any time the rest of us think we’re a big deal, we should refer back to this thread. Thank you gentlemen for the life you’ve afforded me. I’ll never forget. I promise you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        I wish we could all sit around a real campfire and tell stories. That would be a blast!

That’s a fire I could set around for many hours and never say a word....maybe.

When I was 10 my grandparents lived in a retirement park in Harlingen. When my grandad had a heart attack, mom and uncle Bud sent me down to stay with them for a while, mow the yard, and help out till Big Dee got back on his feet. Wednesday night was pot luck dinner at the park gathering hall. The only thing better than the groceries those gals threw down, was listening to all of the men tell war stories. Big Dee was a B17 pilot over Europe, and he loved to talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I wish we could all sit around a real campfire and tell stories. That would be a blast!
          I'd help and or do all the cooking for that fire.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            That’s a fire I could set around for many hours and never say a word....maybe.

When I was 10 my grandparents lived in a retirement park in Harlingen. When my grandad had a heart attack, mom and uncle Bud sent me down to stay with them for a while, mow the yard, and help out till Big Dee got back on his feet. Wednesday night was pot luck dinner at the park gathering hall. The only thing better than the groceries those gals threw down, was listening to all of the men tell war stories. Big Dee was a B17 pilot over Europe, and he loved to talk about it.

I had friend from Katy that was a B17 pilot in the European Theater, I can still recall some of his stories. One in particular was a mission over Nazi Germany to bomb a ball bearing factory.

Comment

Thought this thread was an appropriate place to share some pics from our Thanksgiving Day with my father; Captain USAF. We took advantage of him being with us for what we realize is most likely our last Thanksgiving together. These are all pics he took while piloting his aircraft (KB-50).
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X