upright or chest freezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upright or chest freezer

Just curious what everyone has. I need to buy one soon. I've always had upright but willing to consider a chest freezer. What do y'all have and why?

I got away from a chest freezer cause everything i want is always at the bottom. My upright is way more organized by rack level and easier to find and keep stuff rotated.

Comment

Have always had a chest freezer, but everything always got lost at the bottom. Luckily mine went out and I got an upright. Much better

Comment

We have a chest freezer. Try to not over load it so stuff doesn’t get lost in the bottom. Would prefer a upright.

Comment

soon as i find a decent upright, im selling my chest freezer..

Comment

If you get a chest freezer it ends up at the bottom. Upright the last thing you put in is the first thing to fall out!

Comment

what all others are saying. the good stuff is always at the bottom. and 3 years old.

Comment

I have both. Most of my food and meat goes in the upright in the utility room for the same reasons others said, much easier to find things and keep organized. The chest freezer in the garage is where we put bags of ice, deer heads before dropping off at taxidermist, other big bulky things.

Comment

yep

Comment

I have both at my house and bayhouse. Primarily keep ice and bulk items like fish, shrimp, sausage in chest and everything else in uprights.

Comment

Hard to get a deer head in a upright freezer

Comment

Good luck trying to find one

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          I have both. Most of my food and meat goes in the upright in the utility room for the same reasons others said, much easier to find things and keep organized. The chest freezer in the garage is where we put bags of ice, deer heads before dropping off at taxidermist, other big bulky things.

This is what I do ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a huge (8') chest freezer for years. Like everyone said always hunting for things in the bottom. It cratered 2 years ago and we replaced with an upright. Nowhere as big but much less hassle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have both. In the chest freezer I place different cuts in plastic containers to keep separated , i.e. burger in one , backstraps tenderloins in another, sausage laying on the bottom. Not too big a deal, when I get a sausage from the bottom I grab a couple and lay em on top.

Comment

Working...
                              X