Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPEI EZlynk SOTF tune versus EFI live tune

2015 Chevy Duramax delete.
    Ok I have talk to 2 different shops on deleting and turning, 1-the EFI live tune is a set tune the installer makes any HP and torque adjustments and setup one time, new 4" pipe muffler delete DEF tank. No trans turning nothing adjustable. Around ($1,700). 2-The PPEI EZLYNK SOTF is a full adjustable tune, also he's suggested a trans tune, 4" pipe muffler and DEF tank delete, for around ($2,700). Not sure that I need all of the adjustable tunes, Whats the avenge of the adjustable tunes, and a trans tune is it Better so that the two tunes work together. What pros and cons on this tune, it works on (Wifi) so have y'all had any problems with it not working or communicating, or say at your lease out in west tx, where there's no (wifi) if there's a problem or say a code issues. I really appreciate y'all's input on this that has does this on your trucks. Thanks for your input.

I really enjoy EZ Lynk, but $2700 is high. The EZ Lynk module is $800, and the tuning should run about $500. You can buy loaded EZ Lynks with tuning for $1300. The rest of the parts come out to about $300. That’s $1100 or so in labor. Most shops are around $500 labor. I was quoted $2000-2200 deleted and tuned with an EZ Lynk module depending on shop. I just did it myself.

Comment

And the EZ Lynk doesn’t connect to your house WiFi. It emits a WiFi signal to communicate with your phone. If you want to do any updates etc then your phone needs to have data service, which it will then communicate to the module. It can read codes and diagnostics at any time though regardless of your phone service, as long as the phone is within range of the module.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        I really enjoy EZ Lynk, but $2700 is high. The EZ Lynk module is $800, and the tuning should run about $500. You can buy loaded EZ Lynks with tuning for $1300. The rest of the parts come out to about $300. That’s $1100 or so in labor. Most shops are around $500 labor. I was quoted $2000-2200 deleted and tuned with an EZ Lynk module depending on shop. I just did it myself.

Where are you finding tunes for $500? Is it a single tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Where are you finding tunes for $500? Is it a single tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          If the tuning support is bought with the EZ Lynk. A non supported EZ Lynk is $800 for the module alone. PPEI and Tyrant both ran $1300 for the supported EZ Lynk. I bought mine through No Limit Diesel. I bought mine for a 17’ F-350, but the LML pricing was the same. That is NOT the case for the 17+ L5P.

That was for a full support package. They’ll update it as many times as they need to, and you can run SOTF or single tune. The price is the same for either, but for SOTF you need to add the SOTF switch which runs about $50-60.
          Last edited by TX03RUBI; 01-26-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            Also the trans tune was part of his quote. Is it necessary, especially staying stock size tires.
            Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 01-26-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
              Also the trans tune was part of his quote.
              With any support pack offered on EZ Lynk comes the trans tuning. He’s not doing anything with the tuning other than plugging in the module, and uploading the tune pack. It takes 7-8 minutes tops regardless if it’s just ECM tuning or ECM and TCM tuning.

Comment

Got ya, thanks for the info.

Comment

If he comes highly recommended and offers support after the fact I’d consider him. If he deletes/tune then washes his hands of it then I’d keep shopping. Support after the fact is worth a good bit.

Comment

the reasons I want to delete is my truck as an Error codes P0420 catalyst low efficiency (Bank 1), Catalytic Converter with only 83500miles crazy to pay $1.200 to fix. I figured better money spent to delete it.

Comment

No help for the LML but I run PPEI and ezlynk on the 15 250. I actually had an issue with injector timing recently and contacted PPEI through the app. They pulled my dada log and sent me an updated tune in about a week. I’m happy with mine and i deleted/installed everything myself.

Comment

Where are you at?

Comment

Tomball

Comment

Thanks y'all,

Comment

Thanks for y'all's input, still kinda on the fence with this one the more i research into this tune, I'm probably only going to be able to use three positions on the tuner unless I put a high flow fuel pump in. Witch is more money and more maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                              X