No announcement yet.

Double vision? Scary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to eye doctor on Monday. Eyes are healthy and vision is 20 20. By the afternoon since the double vision goes away they couldn't tell which eye was the issue. They believe it is muscular so now need to find the cause.

Going to primary care doctor tomorrow for lab work to check blood pressure, blood sugar and thyroid based on eye doctors recommendation.

Going on day 8 with this and ready to be done! Wife thinks I secretly want to be a pirate and wear an eye patch....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      Woke up Wednesday with double vision. I can close each eye and vision is clear. Lasted about 20 to 30 min and mainly cleared up. Has happened each morning since. Have an eye appt for Monday.

Google doesn't tell me much....my allergies are flaring up a bit but nothing major. Had lasik in 2014 and have had 20 20 vision since.

My buddy woke up like that and would not go away. He was having a minor stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
        My buddy woke up like that and would not go away. He was having a minor stroke.
        Yep. Some WebMD causes mention aneurism, stroke, brain tumor....

Doing my best to ignore worst case scenarios until my doctor tells me to worry!

Comment

have lived with this my whole life. went a couple times to the dr when i was young. was hard to communicate exactly what was happening. i can control it to an extent. if i let my eyes completely relax i see double. but i can focus them and i can watch 1 image move and blend into the duplicate forming only a single image like most people see.
          if i get tired it's harder to overcome and i have to put forth effort.

now that im getting older and sit at a computer all day, it's catching up to me and my eyes tire out more

recently saw the doc again and was told it was a muscle imbalance and there wasn't much that could be done as i've had it all along. gave me some readers to help prevent my eyes from tiring out so quickly

early in the morning and late in the day is when i have the most issues.

i used to be very good at those hidden image puzzle things that they had the malls

basically, it could be muscle fatigue from eyes straining. spend a lot of time on the computer?

Comment

One of the tests they did to me was have me sit down, lean my head back, and try to look the full range of motion with both eyes. It was apparent pretty quickly which eye was the problem. When I would look up and to the right, I would get nauseated, and my eye wouldn't respond the full range. Thank goodness it went away, would be rough having this problem forever.

Comment

It's called strabismus but if you never had it as a kid it's strange that it's popping up now without some sort of injury. You mentioned new glasses, they or something else could be causing eye strain. Have your wife look at your eyes when it's happening so you know which eye and direction it is. I've had strabismus exotropia since childhood and it was treated with PT, mainly pencil push ups. I still get double vision but only when I'm really tired.

Comment

If I were you I would go ahead and schedule a multitude of other doctors. Some of them can be slow to get in to. The average ophthalmologist is probably going to tell you there is nothing wrong. You should see a neuro-ophthalmologist, neuro-optometrist (yes there is a difference), and a strabismus doctor. If you don't get any answers from them, don't be afraid to get a second opinion in each of those specialties. Also realize the strabismus guys are surgeons so tread lightly there. I could help with good recommendations if you were in Houston but no help Dallas direction.

Comment

Went to the doctor today. Blood lab work is underway. He wants to check and eliminate possibility of Myasthenia gravis which is something that affects the muscles (but more common in older people than myself).

Also ordered an MRI for next week which could rule out tumors and aneurysms.

I'm going to hit my deductible pretty quick this year.

Comment

Some good news. Blood results all came back negative (ie. good) for thyroid disease and MG.

MRI on Friday. prayers are appreciated!

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me in my early 60s. Doctors found no cause, so I just lived with it and wore prism glasses. Went to a different eye doctor in Tyler and he indicated a fairly simple fix via surgery, so I gave him the go ahead. Basically, he shortened one outside muscle on one eye (this past January) and that has fixed it so far for me. He did say that aging can cause this and that mine could come back over time. Good luck on your end!

Comment

Working...
                      X